Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Newbie looking for info on cheap fascia/guttering wfp setup

N

neil fearnley

Hi folks

great site

ive been cleaning gutters(vac)for about 4 months now,getting requests to clean the outside of the guttering and fascia boards/cladding aswell

i was thinking of going down the harris/pump backpack route but dont think the harris pole will be big enough,can it be extended?

not sure if i should just get a 20/30ft fiberglass/aluminium pole

will a hand pump backpack put out enough pressure for 25ft pole?

wont be doing glass so dont need pure water

any advice would be great

thanks

Hi & welcome to the forum Neil :thumbsup:

I always offer a free wfp window clean using pure water too when washing down gutters & fascias etc. Mind you it's already priced into the quote when wfping gutters & facias as can make a mess of their windows with dirt dripping down. Not only that if you just use tap water and/or chems can also dry on the glass and stain them. Therefore is always best to wash the windows too with pure water or trad them instead as you work.

I've also found out very quickly you can't get away sometimes without using ladder for unblocking gutters & downspouts so best invest in the type of kit I use too.

Going back to wfp kit then it's best to buy the best you can afford (hybrid poles at least) at the time to try make the job as easy as you can as it can be bloody hard work waving a pole about. A harris pole will get you started but you will find it won't be long enough for some jobs and the clamps can be bloody annoying after a while.

There is good money to be made in offering what I call exterior property deep cleaning but like any trade you need the right tools for the job./emoticons/wink.png

Hi folksgreat site

ive been cleaning gutters(vac)for about 4 months now,getting requests to clean the outside of the guttering and fascia boards/cladding aswell

i was thinking of going down the harris/pump backpack route but dont think the harris pole will be big enough,can it be extended?

not sure if i should just get a 20/30ft fiberglass/aluminium pole

will a hand pump backpack put out enough pressure for 25ft pole?

wont be doing glass so dont need pure water

any advice would be great

thanks

thanks for the advice

im now looking at a 25/30ft aluminium wfp or bayersan 30ft telescopic aluminium pole(like the harris)and converting that(kinda feel aluminium will be more rigid that fibreglass)

is there anyway of getting pure water cheaply?

i was trying to stay away from all that but now that you mention it guess there would be dirty water dripping everywhere after cleaning the fascias

maybe only a couple of jobs a week so dont want to invest loads

p.s dont do ladders got a fear of heights :hiding:

could i not do the fascia's with tap water then use a sponge/squegee on a harris pole(this is how the wondow cleaners in my street do it)to do the windows after to clean up mess?

Back