Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Customer Moved Without Telling Me!

Kips

So I rock up to this house i've been cleaning with my new backpack and pole and i'm having a great day, daydreaming so I get to cleaning the house, it's a front's only terrace job so away I go.. scrub scrub scrub, do the frames, do the glass, rinse rinse rinse, lah lah lah, jobs all finished so I just check over it - looks good - knock on the door and a woman i've never seen opens it and looks at me confused. I look back equally confused and finally say "OH.. Sorry, have I just cleaned the wrong house?" and she goes " I think so" to which I reply "Er ok... does Mrs (clients name) live here?" - she says "I've never heard of her" I say "Oh, ok.. my bad..." then I stop and think and say "Wait, have you just moved in?" to which she replies "yes a few weeks ago"

So I'm like feck! Just cleaned a house for free!

So I say "Well, do you need a window cleaner?" And she goes "No, not really thanks.." So I give her a card and say "Oh well, looks like I just cleaned for free, consider it an audition and if you like my work give me a call"

DAMMIT!!

**** take is I even had to walk back and refill my backpack. And they were just sitting in their living room the whole time watching me like!!

Window cleaners are on a par with dustmen in most peoples eyes. Nice of them to stop you when they could see you cleaning their house!

ive had this twice both owed me money one of them I did the same as you but luckily she wanted them doing the other one is recent owes me 2 cleans (fronts only) went to collect after all the snow and the house was empty grrrr

Oops! Never happened to me yet but all the same I would have said something like "you knew I was cleaning your windows so why did you not stop me if you did not want them cleaned? That will be £xx please. Ta very much..... :rolleyes:

I have had it happen but luckily I knocked on the door to get them to open the garage first (previously always unlocked). Fortunately, they didn't owe me money. Their neighbour said they hadn't told anybody they were moving but there was no evidence they were doing anything dodgy.

So I rock up to this house i've been cleaning with my new backpack and pole and i'm having a great day, daydreaming so I get to cleaning the house, it's a front's only terrace job so away I go.. scrub scrub scrub, do the frames, do the glass, rinse rinse rinse, lah lah lah, jobs all finished so I just check over it - looks good - knock on the door and a woman i've never seen opens it and looks at me confused. I look back equally confused and finally say "OH.. Sorry, have I just cleaned the wrong house?" and she goes " I think so" to which I reply "Er ok... does Mrs (clients name) live here?" - she says "I've never heard of her" I say "Oh, ok.. my bad..." then I stop and think and say "Wait, have you just moved in?" to which she replies "yes a few weeks ago"
So I'm like feck! Just cleaned a house for free!

So I say "Well, do you need a window cleaner?" And she goes "No, not really thanks.." So I give her a card and say "Oh well, looks like I just cleaned for free, consider it an audition and if you like my work give me a call"

DAMMIT!!

**** take is I even had to walk back and refill my backpack. And they were just sitting in their living room the whole time watching me like!!
I've had this mate,it was £50 so wasn't going to let it go.find out if it's a letting house and contact the agency.they are not allowed to give forwarding address but some Can be helpful e.g contact the previous tenant,better still what I did put in name on Google and her business came up,thought she'd got away with but coughed up and said she'd forgotten.

Hope this helps as the internet has made it a small world.

Week , cleaned the house as they never in or pretend not to be in but they been like this for 6 months so didnt think anything .

Went back to collect and some strange bloke answered and said oh they are at the other house sorting gas etc so I

Yeah, it's only a couple of quid luckily as they only have the fronts done and there's not many windows at all. They are cheeky sods for not stopping me but maybe they'll become clients. who knows. fingers crossed.

Back