Flyers, professional vs basic.

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Diwrnach, Oct 18, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Up until now my flyers have always been double sided, glossy pro looking, though I have read in various places that people have had better responses from a small basic black and white flyer they printed off at home.

Anyone have any input? considering giving the basic kind a go, but not sure.

Advertisement
  2. Ben Wright

Ben Wright Member

I'm having real success from home-made black and white flyers I have printed off at home.

My are a small square 3.5 inches by 3.5 inches. I leafletted an area the other day and 5 people rang me.

I was about to get some professional looking flyers but seeing as this method is reaping such good results, I'm not going to. The reason I think a homemade flyer that is only very small (like the ones I'm pushing through) is good because it looks DIFFERENT. If you're pushing a glossy flyer through it looks exactly the same as all the other junk mail they get through - the menus, the Macro magazines, the Farmfoods Catalogue etc.

Try some homemade ones that are very basic and straight to the point and see if you get a result.

3. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

That is what I was thinking s well, might have to give it a go :)

4. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i had very good results from cheap homeprinted handwritten flyers. they looked as if a big kid had written them . i built my round on them

5. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

I'm reading similar elsewhere as well, seems very basic, simple, cheap, home made flyers do better than professional glossy ones?

Odd.

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i used to like printing em- the print room scenario /the challenge of fault finding when the inks wont come thru properly

manys the night nobody could sleep properly in this house cos a printer freshly loaded with ink was chuggin away on auto . " just ignore it and get to sleep , itll be finished soon. "

7. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Don't suppose either of you have a picture of what you did? or what did you have written on them? just had a go at making my own but end up getting carried away and saying too much.

8. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I've got a City & Guilds in printing :)

9. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

That must of been an easy one, just click print don't you? :whistle::whistle::whistle:

10. boarcity

boarcity Guest

did you ever say "hold the press" and mean it for real?

Advertisement