Flyers returned

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Eddie dragon, Apr 26, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Eddie dragon

Eddie dragon Active Member

Out leafleting for a bit this afternoon, had two people open the door and throw my flyer out. Shouting stop putting shite through my door. Second one I was only half way off her drive. Door opens so I turned around. I don't won't your crappy junk mail she said as she through it at me. I told her it's not junk it's targeted advertising. Don't think she was impressed by the way she slammed the door shut. never had anyone react like that before an two in one day. Has this happened to any one else??

Advertisement
  2. Solarpanelcleanington

Solarpanelcleanington Forum Addict

Jesus that's awful. Target a different area. I'm doing great with flyers, about a dozen good jobs from 500! All rural though. Only another 9500 to go......

3. Eddie dragon

It's supposed to be one off the best areas of town so was i bit surprised. Picked one new one up already from today's effort lovely young couple so carnt all be care in the community patients lol.

4. mark

mark Forum Addict

YES it happened to me were this geezer told me to get off his property and shove your leaflet were the sun don't shine.its was a different story though when I saw this retard up our local coop.you all right mate,you remember me?he didn't know what to do:eek:anyway on point thats why I state clearly on leaflets what I do window cleaning

5. High-tower

High-tower Active Member

If it's like some of the 'nice' areas around here they have probably been targeted by every window cleaner in the county since the sun has come out...

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

all sent to try you,, press on regardless, in fact id increase your effort now

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  7. Williams Jet Wash

Williams Jet Wash Williams jet wash Services

you just have to grin and bare it and try not to enagage in a slagging match months ago i bumped in to someone in there drive explained im working in the area today so decided to drop of some flyers and he said no thank you not needed here reluctantly took a flyer...2months later rang me wanted poly card roof cleaned gutters and patio power washed ended up agreeing on £200

8. Eddie dragon

Won't get me down think it's a little funny that they get so angry about a little bit of paper.
    Im getting a mutch better response than I thought I would. 43 new customers since January.

9. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

Not had that but once I was about to post one in a letterbox when a woman was walking towards the door at the same time. There was 2 doors next to each other. Do t post that at number 26 she shouts. Ok i said and posted one in the other door, only it wasn't the other door it was number 26 oops sorry I said laughing. She looked at me and said I just said don't. ..yes sorry I meant to put it in the other door you don't need a window cleaner do you?. No I don't she said in the most snotty nose in the air way possible. Think I called her s miserable cow or sumthin. Can't stand rude people

10. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

Only had one guy who gave me some hassle, I remember clocking him as I turned up in the street, watching me posting the houses before his, it looked like it was his elderly grans house and he was looking after her (prob waiting to cop for the house) as soon as I walked up the drive he came out all big & hard looking saying whats this then PAL, I just smiled and said he you go mate and handed it to him and walked off down the drive, he came walking after me saying here take it back I don't need **** like this here. Took it off him and bit my tounge and just carried on. Got 2 good regulars a few doors down from him out of it so not a wasted trip.

Advertisement