Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Worst Day Of The Year - Soooo Stressed

koopmaster

My poor little dog was feeling unwell last week and I was working all weekend so did not keep a eye on him. we thought he had a cold but instead he had eaten a bone that I had given him last wednesday and it has clumped in a ball in his stomach. The poor dog has been in pain all weekend.

I put some gloves on and stuck my finger up his bum and felt some bones....

Hes been at the vet all day today and they have been giving him stuff but we dont have insurance and told the vet we cant afford a £800 operation so the vet has been giving him enema's all day and laxatives. now hes just told me that its out but there is a bone still stuck in, I told him to go ahead and x ray him and anesthetize him and try to pull the bone out.. poor guy, hes not pooped for 5 days and I am feeling dam guilty for not diagnosing it earlier.

the vet did say hes not in a life threatening situation but in pain, but I feel so bad and stressed....

I am going at 19:00 to see the vet and hopefully he can pull this bone out so we dont have to operate.....

WTF just get your 30ft slx with a cill brush on stuck in there and pull it out .. Beyond me the **** sum peeps put on here

just as I was leaving work at 17:30 the vet called and said he knocked him out and managed to get the last piece of bone out..... PHEW so relieved....

he said we can go get him at 19:00 or 20:00 tonight. I have just got home and im finished.... the whole family is going to go fetch him in half a hour.

the vet said his intestines are quite swollen but hes ok. shame the poor guy... thats the thing about pets hes a part of the family and pepsi's been with us for almost 6 years now..

I know what you mean my dog billy is 13 years old and is a big part of the family in fact i am pretty sure the wife and kids like billy more than me :rolleyes:

Good news, the bones are out of him, I picked him up last night at 8:30, he was all drugged up but his breathing is ok and he is OK. its only cost £220 so it wont break the bank... was crapping myself cause I thought it would cost £400 plus....

Back