Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Vans, the good, and the not so.

Neilmnwc

Hi all,

Thought ask some opinions about vans, from the amount of folk on here there's enough experience to help (I think).

What's been your best and worst van and why.

I'm using a Peugeot Partner 1.9d (06) which is reliable, really slow, but I can earn money with it. So for now I'm happy with it. Come the time to change though and I'd probably go for another decent condition used van with a decent payload, but as I look around at different reviews and talk to people it seems that the modern vans seem blighted by the usual diesel issues (dmf & dpf), hence the post. Interested to see some views. Cheers.

my worsed van was a fiat scudo 1.9d maby i was unlucky!

no milege desplay

glow plugs

ultnater

starter moter

brakes used to stink and not work very well

complete elelectric melt down

cluch problim ( it went to the flore)!!and wouldent work

used to sound rough as nails on start up but once warm ok

heater swich broke

used to leak in every door seal in heavy rain

only had it 8 months had to get shot lol

then had a toyota hiace luvly van slow but solid bild qualty shame i had to get rid as it wasent looked after glow plugs were stuck in the head as it was a bit taty i dident wana spend £800 on geting it fixed gutted i was

now i have a vivaro 2.0 cdti apart from the gear box issue its bin faltless had it 2 years drives amazing good mpg powerfull

Yeah I know someone who has the Peugeot Expert version, albeit with 2.0hdi engine & that's fine. I was bitten by Fiat (old Punto used to eat head gaskets, felt like I was giving my wages to the garage all the time), wouldn't mind a Hiace either but they're either new or silly mileage, probably because they're good and no one gets rid.

Has the Vivaro got a Renault engine?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Yeah I know someone who has the Peugeot Expert version, albeit with 2.0hdi engine & that's fine. I was bitten by Fiat (old Punto used to eat head gaskets, felt like I was giving my wages to the garage all the time), wouldn't mind a Hiace either but they're either new or silly mileage, probably because they're good and no one gets rid.
Has the Vivaro got a Renault engine?

the vivaro is basicly a re badged renault mate,i love mine but you have to treat them well if it has some miles on it,service every 6000 miles no supermarket fuel mine has a snapped glow plug from a ham fisted mechanic receipts shows he's charged for four but snapped one and changed three gggrrr,i don't honestly think there is a good reliable van anymore,they all seem to have issues and the only good one i had was an 03 plate 2.0l transit (mondeo engine)but as with all transits the rust worm sets in

i,ve got the vito now i have heard loads of bad reports

on my third year now 200,000 miles on clock never lets me down starts no problem

carrying 1000l water no problem

now i,m going for new van next year tempted to go for the trusted transit

New Citroen Dispatch. Two side doors, 3 front seats, low enough to get to ladders, air con, reverse sensors, great stereo, Apple car play, 1400 kg payload, blue hdi, under seat storage, hole in bulkhead to store long things. the list goes on. I wanted the old shape on a 15 plate with low mileage, they were going for 15k, glad I spent a bit more on a brand new one. They are so much better than the old style. The only thing I don't like is it doesn't have any overhead storage in the cab.

The Vivaro seems an decent buy, as much as a new one would be good I haven't really got the cash for one.

It does amaze me the amount of years manufacturers have been going that they always seem to mess something up on each model...but that would be the death knell for sales and parts I suppose.

Dispatch size is spot on.

I had a fiat scudo 1.9d, best part of 300k on it, had it two years and had no issues whatsoever, went striaght through 2 m.o.ts

currently got an 07 fiat scudo, was spot on up until last week when the gear stick starting to not shift properly, needs a replacement shifter, but other than that i love it.

Worst van I ever had the misfortune of owning was the Mercedes Vito 05 plate

Was rusting daily I'm sure and the electric faults unbelievable.

Now I have vw transporter great vans to drive looks the part but to good for work so going to buy a new Citroen relay in August anyone use the relay

I am on Trafic number 3.

Both others sold as getting old, only reason.

This time I went 3.0L 150 BHP LWB.

Got lucky ans scored one with twin loading side doors. Rare feature on van this size.

Also all Trafics are galvanized and come with trasferable 12 year anti corrosion warranty.

Love mine to the point that I am considering a crew cab for the family wagon / day van.

I am on Trafic number 3.

Both others sold as getting old, only reason.

This time I went 3.0L 150 BHP LWB.

Got lucky ans scored one with twin loading side doors. Rare feature on van this size.

Also all Trafics are galvanized and come with trasferable 12 year anti corrosion warranty.

Love mine to the point that I am considering a crew cab for the family wagon / day van.

Worst van I ever had the misfortune of owning was the Mercedes Vito 05 plateWas rusting daily I'm sure and the electric faults unbelievable.

Now I have vw transporter great vans to drive looks the part but to good for work so going to buy a new Citroen relay in August anyone use the relay
I think the Vito is one of the sexiest vans on the road but the reason I avoided them was cause of the rust problems.

I love my vivaro , had it about a year now, 127k on it , all I've done to it is recently put a new clutch in it and new handbrake cable. Touch wood the gearbox and injectors last me until I change

Just got a new Renault Master last month, fully loaded with all the bells and whistles fro 15K. How i coped with trafic sized vans all those years i never know!

Love my Peugeot bipper van , you'll be surprised how much gear that can be fitted in that little sucker !/emoticons/biggrin.png But all got to be tidy ,not much room for mess.

Parks everywhere,works like a horse ,and good mileage .

Love my Peugeot bipper van , you'll be surprised how much gear that can be fitted in that little sucker !/emoticons/biggrin.png But all got to be tidy ,not much room for mess.Parks everywhere,works like a horse ,and good mileage .
What size tank do you have in your Bipper?

Had my Transit custom since new and sourced a pre reg transit connect this year. Both excellent vans. My custom is 3 years old in May and i am still tempted to trade it in. Not decided yet though!

I know its new or was but the transit custom is the best van i have had.

Worst van is 1.3 Vauxhall combo. Poured my soul into it for the cam chain to snap at 66,666 miles :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Back