Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Follow up on quotes that were not accepted

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Soul1

Hi guys, so far I have distributed nearly 500 leaflets. I politely declined the first two customers because I wasn’t confident in my ability to do the job, but I have two new customers firmly booked. I also received four requests for quotes through my website thanks to the leaflets, but they did not convert into customers. Since I use Squeegee, I can see that the quotes were viewed. Should I follow up with them? When faced with a similar situation, what do you usually do?

No, if they are not happy with the price or not got back to you they will be trouble customers, you will be forever casing payments or getting not this time. And you will be doing it for an awful price.

If you haven't alot of work, a text saying youl be in the area in the coming days and not back until another 4 weeks, so if they would like to be added to the run this time if you could let you know before Monday for example.

If you haven't alot of work then I'd take on the problem ones. Ie sluggish St paying etc. If you haven't enough work then there not really loosing you money as you haven't anything else to do. When you get busier you can ditch them or tell them how paymeants will be expected moving forward or youl have to stop going.

I think some people take advantage of thr fact its someone starting out who needs them more than they need them to begin with.

I might be inclined to follow up just in case they didn't receive the quote. Sometimes the emails get stuck in the spam folder or texts get missed. Sometimes people just think they will deal with it later and forget. The other reason to follow up is to politely ask why they didn't accept - you never know why unless you ask.

I might be inclined to follow up just in case they didn't receive the quote. Sometimes the emails get stuck in the spam folder or texts get missed. Sometimes people just think they will deal with it later and forget. The other reason to follow up is to politely ask why they didn't accept - you never know why unless you ask.
"The other reason to follow up is to politely ask why they didn't accept - you never know why unless you ask."
That was exactly what I was thinking about - trying to improve my offering. I will do that, thank you

Chap the door when there, all they can say is no. There not opening the door with a hammer in hand coming out swinging. Its a quick no, then just be polite and say if you ever feel you need someone in the future then don't hesitate to get in touch.

It might even be that some are happy enough with the quote but just haven't got round to following it up yet. Or on the other hand perhaps they're getting other quotes to check how competitive the price is. Whch is fair enough for a bigger job costing hundreds of pounds but a bit OTT for something relatively low in cost. But until your round is full as long as they pay is all that matters.
When I do weitten quotes for other types of jobs - drives/patios etc - I usually put on it that the quote is valid until a particular future date, e.g 1 or 2 months ahead to try and focus their attention and cover me in case of the price of materials going up.

I don't follow up but as a general rule of business then we should do as sometimes it takes a number of touches before someone buys. You would assume that applies more for larger purchases but not always. I kept seeing a Gardener doing my next door neighbours house, at first i thought theres no way I'd pay someone to do mine ill do it myself. Last week I spotted him I asked for a quote. I still didn't want it doing as I would rather do it myself but my point is I'm getting warmer on the idea and who knows one day when he turns up I might just say can you do mine i can't be arsed anymore.

Yeah I would follow up if you need the work. I tried it a month ago, as I had put out quotes at a higher rate and was wondering if I had pushed too high. Got ahold of one and she wanted to go ahead, just hadn’t had time to get back to me. So worth it I would say. Just don’t let them barter you down!

Latest Posts

Back