Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tecbuk brush jets at different angles!?

Ooh, similar to mine.....
3D3D4AB0-83F2-40FC-BF7A-3F773E7AE7F6_zpsztzk4d7l.jpg
Is that your car in the reflection Tuffers?

Last edited by a moderator:
When I'm only using two jets I like to have a larger flow than the stock ones that come with the Tecbuk. I just got a pair of pliers and ripped them out. Carefully lined up my drill bit and punched a drill bit through slightly smaller than the 3mm jets I substituted them with. No issues at all. Sounds like the popularity from word of mouth on the forums and face books groups has stretched his production. Maybe they're getting built and put out there too quickly??

I personally would not use the aerial brush for first cleans. They are great for maintenance cleans, my brush is 6 months old and the stock is still straight and the brush still has plenty of life in it.

Next time I sm going to try the xline brush or one of Gardiners new range once they come out purely due to the point spruce raised about Richard, it's a shame he doesn't sirt himself out because they really are great brushes.

As for first cleans I find the gardiner DT flocked can not be beaten for cleaning power.

I personally would not use the aerial brush for first cleans. They are great for maintenance cleans, my brush is 6 months old and the stock is still straight and the brush still has plenty of life in it.
Next time I sm going to try the xline brush or one of Gardiners new range once they come out purely due to the point spruce raised about Richard, it's a shame he doesn't sirt himself out because they really are great brushes.

As for first cleans I find the gardiner DT flocked can not be beaten for cleaning power.

He should at least be grateful that you gave him a second sales shot, even despite his being rude to you as well on the same public forum. It was over the vast differences in brush weights we reported in the days he was known as Ewan, truely a Gardiner hater he was and still is.

When some recently complained about his brush stock bending after it was only 3 months old, I believe Richard's reply was to consider how much money it had earned the user and to replace it as it had done its job. No mention was entertained that his brushes could have faulty brush stocks.

I don't even know where that brush I bought from him went to now. Just as I advised Guybrush, I also wrote that off to experience, determined to only buy critical items, ie brushes, pumps, controllers etc., from a genuine wfp supplier in the future. I've even seen a big difference in quality when comparing the EZ Snap couplings supplied by Gardiners and some of the stuff being sold on Ebay.

I couldn't get on with the Tecbuk. Not saying that because of service or anything like that, i'm sure for some people it's perfect, its just not for me.

It was bashing the pvc loudly and doing back flips on the swivel neck took it off after the first job. felt really small too. Put the gardeners brush back on and realised how fast and smooth it was never used a different brush so could never compare it. Thats just a newbies opinion as i see theres plenty of guys with experience out there using it the tecbuk.

Checked one house today and saw on a couple of windows had a line of dots I guess this is from dripping? not cleaning the frames properly? never saw it before and it wasn't with the tecbuk. To be honest i haven't been rinsing the frames off (never saw that till the other day) i have just been swiping the brush downwards on them kind of rinsing on them is that normal?

That semi flocked brush is arriving in the morning.

I couldn't get on with the Tecbuk. Not saying that because of service or anything like that, i'm sure for some people it's perfect, its just not for me.
It was bashing the pvc loudly and doing back flips on the swivel neck took it off after the first job. felt really small too. Put the gardeners brush back on and realised how fast and smooth it was never used a different brush so could never compare it. Thats just a newbies opinion as i see theres plenty of guys with experience out there using it the tecbuk.

Checked one house today and saw on a couple of windows had a line of dots I guess this is from dripping? not cleaning the frames properly? never saw it before and it wasn't with the tecbuk. To be honest i haven't been rinsing the frames off (never saw that till the other day) i have just been swiping the brush downwards on them kind of rinsing on them is that normal?

You will get lines of dots on some windows, even if you have scrubbed and rinsed thoroughly. I get it on some windows that have been WFP for nearly 3 years. **** seals is what I put it down to.

First cleans aren't easy. We always scrubbed the top frames and windows and then moved onto the next window until we had completed the house. (In the early old days when we were converting a round to wfp that we had just purchased, we did a few more houses and then went back and did glass only.

So each house was cleaned twice. It took us a long time it get through those first cleans but most were fine the next time. We always clean the top frame, including those dreaded vents.

We still find that there are some plastic frames that still leave white lines of spots. In most cases its the UPVC breaking down in the sun. If you rub you finger down them a white chalky residue is left behind on your finger.

And of course, we still have problems with the double opener windows above a large lower pane. We usually do the top two openers first and then leave them to drip off, usually fully cleaning the house next door before coming back to clean the lower window pane.

I found the same with the Tecbuk brush stock. It was small and heavy and sounded as though you were bashing your customer's windows to pieces with a hammer.

Its also too heavy for a swivel - it will work better being fixed.

According to Richard, the brush is good enough to clean perfectly with just one pass over the glass and no rinsing required, but you need a reasonable water flow.

Back