For Those Off U That Have Worked In The Winter

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by harunh, Jul 21, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. harunh

harunh Legend

A few of my family members have said to me in the winter u wont do well but i said i will because no1 likes dirty windows in the winter.... Do u lot gain customers in the winter? Am worried about my water freezing so what my plan to do is always use a backpack in the winter so no hoses can freeze up and am planning on putting a duvet around my water tank.. Gud idea??? Aslong as i fill the tank up each morning i think ill be okay.... Please tell me your experience in the winter lads

Advertisement
  2. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

Its the water that could freeze on the window happens to trad too!

3. Shaun1977

Shaun1977 Forum Addict

Iv found don't pick many up in winter and working in winter all depends in conditions

4. chip

chip Guru

Don't lose many either though. I've only found water freezing on windows in unheated rooms eg connys. Your ideas are all good h, a quilt will help, but if it gets extreme won't do a lot of good. I use drums, leave them in the house o/night and never had hose freeze up at work even when it's sat in snow!

5. Posh

Posh Hero

As chip says freezing water on the window is a problem. If I go out & that happens I give up. I work every day the same as in summer & only in 4 years had 1 custie stop for the winter. It's no different. As for custies between January & march this year I picked up 53 new custies which really shocked me & still have them. It was amazing and out of character.

6. harunh

harunh Legend

Thats good to hear lads id rather fill up in morning :p but yeah it wont be a problem filling 25ltr containers and then storing them inside. But getting that many customers is good !

7. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Well I'm going to keep going, I noticed this year that most round here stop but then they probs dolies lol. Thats when I reckon I'll fill my rounds up, just as winters almost over before they start back up. When the rest ain't been for 3 months I'll canvass the poo out of every area I want more work.

8. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

I started in Jan this year (winter) all the other window cleaner gave it up in the area and I got 50 customers in a few months. So I know I can clean in winter so I am going to carry on this winter and clean.

9. MarkB

MarkB Member

- your family members have no window cleaning experience so take no notice whatsoever
    - you will pick up customers all year round
    - use hot water, i seriously dont understand why you would want to lug around a backpack all day lol
    - putting a duvet round your tank wont stop it freezing, leave a oil filled radiator in your van overnight it will stop the water freezing

10. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

i just plan on going back on the dole between december and march , il make sure i get me christmas box's first tho so i can get a few beers .

Advertisement