Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cheapest Place For Scrims/micro Cloths

WCF

Help Support WCF:

wilgold

Hi Everyone,

Just wondered where you get your scrims and micro cloths from? I need to buy on the net as there is no janitorial stores near me. I bought a couple of unger ones when i first started think they where a £5each. Anyone used any others? if so what? where? how much?

Much help appreciated

Wil

I buy all my stuff from wintecs.co.uk - they have free shipping on everything and good customer service so I just stick with them. But yeah, pound shops for microfibre isn't a bad shout either. Also get a rubbish 'diy' squeegee for as cheap as you can from somewhere, not for the windows but for the sills. I just started doing this on a shop I clean what has long, low sills and what a back-saver it is - cheapo squeegee on a short-reach unger pole and bam they're done quick-fast /emoticons/smile.png

As a newbie to window cleaning, can someone tell me what a 'scrim' does that a 'micro fibre' cloth doesn't...and vice versa.

Only asking (I'm new to all this) as I've seen the make 'Eurow' yellow micro fibre cloths in Costco....36pack for £13.00. Seems a bargain...would these be any good.

Personally I use microfibres for frames and sills. I use scrims as my dry detailing cloth. It's all personal choice but that's how I was taught.

Kips I do same, I've got an old unger squeegee and I've cut an old channel to about 6" use it to get rid of excess water etc

As a newbie to window cleaning, can someone tell me what a 'scrim' does that a 'micro fibre' cloth doesn't...and vice versa.

Only asking (I'm new to all this) as I've seen the make 'Eurow' yellow micro fibre cloths in Costco....36pack for £13.00. Seems a bargain...would these be any good.
Microfibres tend to get soaked quicker, i've heard. If you're out for a long time a scrim will last longer.

i was always a bit vague about micro fibres to begin with...so many different types. Please do not think that you can detail with the basic micro fibres. However. once you discover the fine weave premium mico fibres you will find out how much easier they make the job....they make detailing a breeze. They dont get soaked like the basic micro fibres, which I just use for sills and frames and wiping my blade. Like Posh said earlier, the Paragon premium micro fibres are really good....particularly the big ones (80cm x 62cm). They really do make a difference. I have posted the link below:

http://www.paragonmicrofibre.com/cloths/premium-glass-cloth

Cheer guys.

So... cheap micro fibres only for frame and cills etc

I found a scrim in the van when I was cleaning the van out from the previous window cleaner...

It looks like the material dust sheets are made out of........is that right?

How come the scrim is so good for detailing.....I always thought that MF's were the 'go to thing' these days.

Shall give the scrim a go next week anyway.....as there's one in the van.

i still generally use my scrim to detail, and my fine weave microfibre for leads, cheap mf's for sills and frames only

Back