Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump seems to be losing power?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

brianbadonde

I've had a pure freedom trolley for just over a year now. I used to have the speed on about 15-20. The past few weeks I've gradually had to up the speed, first to like 18, 20, 22, etc. today I had to have it on 40 to get the required speed otherwise the water just trickled out. I've read before somewhere about debris getting in to the pump. Does anyone think this could be the problem? Or any ideas what the problem is and how could I solve it?

I've had a pure freedom trolley for just over a year now. I used to have the speed on about 15-20. The past few weeks I've gradually had to up the speed, first to like 18, 20, 22, etc. today I had to have it on 40 to get the required speed otherwise the water just trickled out. I've read before somewhere about debris getting in to the pump. Does anyone think this could be the problem? Or any ideas what the problem is and how could I solve it?
Have you let it run dry? I had a similar problem when I started with a trolley. It might be an air lock.

Do you charge it regularly?

Any hidden kinks in hose, you havent noticed? I had that many issues with hose last week, my battery was saying it was out of power and pump switching on/off, but it was kinks in hose.

More like you have air in the system so the pump needs priming properly so give the following a go first.

Make sure you are using a container with water in it then Just wack it up to 99 for a while until you get a good constant flow. If you have clear plastic hose on the outlet side of the pump you will see air bubbles coming through the pipe too.

ide say u have a tiny split in your hose the one that goes in the 25l drum if it is it will b on the bend that goes over the trollie handle to b honist 18 22 ect is to low u wana upp ur flow to 40 / 50 realy to get a good flow rate u will find your self wrking quicker i no this is not the question your asking ( flow rate) . the trouble with the trollie is its to easy to run a drum dry an get air locks so it could b a case of traped air so if this is the case best thing to do is put a full drum on dissconect the hose fitting that goes to ur trollie 15m 0r 30m hose turn pump up to 99 an blast it till u here a consistent flow half a drum should do it:)

Thanks guys. Tench, I've just checked the hose where you said and can't see a nick in the hose.

Tuffers, it is charged nearly every single night.

Window surfer, no kinks in the hose. Normally when there is, the hose lock bit pops out.

Think I will try the priming option that Smurf and Tench said. I'm assuming that with the hozelock connection off the dead end sensor won't kick in?

Oh and Tench, that seems well quick! Not saying you're wrong as you are more experienced than me (I only have a year under my belt). I will try though and see :)

Another question if I may......... A friend of mine who isn't a member here (get the impression he doesn't really do the Internet thing), he has a trolley same as me. He dropped it down a step yesterday and now the water is only trickling out in dribs and drabs, in between the dead end sensor kicking in. Any ideas? He asked me to ask on this thread :)

one other thing gto check is the male conecter that pushes in to the hose conecter as if its worn it will push out a few mill an reduce the flow to a drible thats the one that youe 15m or wat ever is conected to one way to test it is to turn every thing on an push the conecters togther if poss there may b a bit of movement if so then that could b the cause u will soon no as it will then pump water when pushed togther

31938290d747855da11167f57db4b41a.image.128x130.jpg

Have you sorted it yet?

Thank you guys, much appreciated. This morning before going out I primed the pump as you said Tench. It was a bit better, but seemed to ebb and flow; one minute I had it on 40 and it was shooting out like it used to, next minute it was dribbling out and I had to whack it up to 50.

Funny you should say that Tench, about the male hozelock piece. It is worn out for sure, as when I first got it, it never popped out. Now it pops out a few time a day. And I used to be able to stop the water flow by kinking the hose; now if I do that, the male hozelock pops out. So maybe I'll try getting a new one of them.

Thank you guys, much appreciated. This morning before going out I primed the pump as you said Tench. It was a bit better, but seemed to ebb and flow; one minute I had it on 40 and it was shooting out like it used to, next minute it was dribbling out and I had to whack it up to 50.
Funny you should say that Tench, about the male hozelock piece. It is worn out for sure, as when I first got it, it never popped out. Now it pops out a few time a day. And I used to be able to stop the water flow by kinking the hose; now if I do that, the male hozelock pops out. So maybe I'll try getting a new one of them.

And recalibrate the controller.

Regarding the hozelock there are three teeth inside and if one is broken, the connection will pop off, I had that problem when switching aquatap off, the pressure would pop the hozelock off, then I noticed one tooth broken inside, changed and no probs.

As Tench said about connection, check every connection is tight, I had loss of power, as my small piece of hose on aquatap was sliding down connection, causing water to trickle out,just changed it round and its much tighter and holding, this issue dramatically affected pressure.

glad its sorted windowsurfer :thumbsup: its usly the simplest things that can b over looked ive had a few headacks over the years once i had the same thing no water coming our grrrrrr then after about 10 minits of messing about i found the cause:rolleyes: traped my 15m hose behing the 25l drum an the trollie:rofl:

Just thought I'd update this thread. Today the pump was so bad, even on 99 it was trickling out. I phoned xline (although it is a pure freedom trolley) and they told me to take pump apart and clean it (after checking a few other things). I took it Apart but could find no debris at all and it looked clean. So I pieced it back together, and presto! It was absolutely shooting out! So touch wood, it's good tomorrow :)

I'm not sure why that made any difference.

my pf trolley is years old and the pump runs still like new.

Just thought I'd update this thread. Today the pump was so bad, even on 99 it was trickling out. I phoned xline (although it is a pure freedom trolley) and they told me to take pump apart and clean it (after checking a few other things). I took it Apart but could find no debris at all and it looked clean. So I pieced it back together, and presto! It was absolutely shooting out! So touch wood, it's good tomorrow /emoticons/smile.png

Back