Ford transit connect?, a word of warning!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by badbusdriver, Mar 15, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Found out a couple of days ago that the clutch on my '06 transit connect is on its way out. No problem, i thought, its a ford, not going to be expensive to do is it?.
    Err, yes, actually it is!. I'm told that i'm not going to get much change out of £600!. Apparently the way the van is designed makes it pretty much a whole days work to do. So if you are looking to buy one, make sure (as far as you can) that the clutch is in good health, and if the one you are looking at has had the clutch done recently, that is major plus point! According to my mechanic the average clutch lifespan can range from about 60k-120k miles depending on how it has been driven. :-(

Advertisement
  2. James

James Guru

My clutch went on my connect a while back and my bro had no problem fitting it himself, I guess it's easy if you know how. Mechanics do charge a fair bit for their work I guess so £500 to £600 is normal.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?5mg2ff

3. ricoclay

ricoclay Guest

And they go through EGR Valves and Air Flow Meters too............Fix Or Repair Daily I am afraid

4. Paul

Paul Guest

£600 that is alot for a ford... Bugger :-/

5. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Ive had mine for nearly 2 years, and done 20k miles with it. No breakdowns, no problems, no expenditure apart from service items.

6. mark m

mark m Hero

I must have been very lucky i had 2 connects great van only got rid of it because i needed bigger

7. James

James Guru

They are lovely little vans, I wouldn't swap mine for anything, well maybe a 12 plate :D

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?peqsdw

8. Ryan

Ryan Guest

what engines you got boys ?

9. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Connects only come with 1.8 engines mate, either a petrol (with or without lpg), or diesels with power outputs of 75, 90, or 110 bhp. Mine is the 90.

10. James

James Guru

Do all connects have turbo built in bbd? I know mine has.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?m1twkt

Advertisement