Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

can you stain glass with detergent?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

richard123456

So I think I left a detergent on a window too long usually I rinse it and it evaporates. This time it didn't and just stayed on the window. Now its dryed anf it appears to be stained? Anyway I can get it off? I have some isopropyl? Could I just give a a quick clean with pure?

just a traditional window cleaning detergent. quite a high dose mixed with pure water. even though i rinsed it with pure water after i think it stayed on the window. whats the best way to get it off?

maby try a ,majic spung ive never sin a soap thats dryed on the glass stain b 4 tho only ubik2000 once when it hit the glass and left in the sun to dry

I have said what it is kevin250. Well I will see what I can do, hopefully it hasn't stained and it's just dryed on it and hopefully a good scrub will get it off.

i was thinking you had used ubik or similar

i have never had soap stain before

what ever you do dont scrub with a green scouring pad you will scratch the glass try just soaking in clean water no detergent see if it comes off but dont let it dry

or email

this company as they state they are the official distributors of the product

MIRACLE WINDOW CLEANING DETERGENT

does it not state any thing on the bottle about staining?

Well it has already dried. I think I will try a few chemicals on it. quickly gave it a rinse with pure water and nothing so I will see what I can do.

have u tryed a majic spung they get grease and all sorts off glass with out scraching @richard123456

PPROJ000825-PGE-HMC-2015-Flash-TT-Packshot-Updates-Magic-Eraser-ExtraPower-590x450-v0-01-1-size-3.jpg

I thought you weren't supposed to use magic sponges on glass? Something about micro scratches?

If it's just detergent then cleaning them as normal should shift it, otherwise I would go for a strong solution with vinegar using a spray instead of a bucket to keep the dilution strong.

I thought you weren't supposed to use magic sponges on glass? Something about micro scratches?
If it's just detergent then cleaning them as normal should shift it, otherwise I would go for a strong solution with vinegar using a spray instead of a bucket to keep the dilution strong.
I've never heard about micro scratches mate

I prefer to use a magic sponge than a scraper on small paint spots etc as they come off easy but the glass has always been fine

So I think I left a detergent on a window too long usually I rinse it and it evaporates. This time it didn't and just stayed on the window. Now its dryed anf it appears to be stained? Anyway I can get it off? I have some isopropyl? Could I just give a a quick clean with pure?
Lemon juice or any other mild acid, Had several stains over the years with TFC s through bad avice but all moved with mild acid.

Back