Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wooden windows frames rotting

WCF

Help Support WCF:

davewindowcleaner

Pick up a new customer today who wanted her windows cleaned when she saw me working, she live a cross the road so i said I would do it but I didnt think I need to check the back of her house cos it was the same type of house I was already cleaning earlier.

Once I finish the front and side of her house and starting to do the back, I noticed the a few of the windows frames was rotting a bit but i took the risk.... the water leaking inside the house!!!

Right or wrong I didn't say anything, knock on the door and got my money, said I be back in 8 weeks... I be surprised if she doesnt notice it.

I am Gutted, this would of been a good paying job.

Lesson learnt mate.... made similar mistakes myself when I first started, working on one house someone comes out and asked me to do theirs looks exactly the same as the one I am doing, quote the same price and when I get to the back...nothing like it . So as long as you've learnt from it, always view the property before you quote. I ve even had people say to me in the street " oh it's got 3 windows at the front, one at the side, 2 at the back"....ect well what they don't tell you is how big the windows are...? always have a look before you price and then you see layout, size, obstructions quality ect. I am sure we've all done mate.

I suppose when you go back if anything is said you can just say "well with you not saying you had a problem with the woodwork I took it to be waterproof".....?? put the fault back on her !!!

Latest Posts

Back