Found my perfect brush.....at last!!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by keir, May 29, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. keir

keir Guru

As i have stated in a previous thread, i have took delivery of 3 new brushes. All gardiners as i just prefer the lightness.
    All super-lites, one medium hybrid, one soft flocked hybrid and the medium mixed wide.
    Put my trad pockets on and put a brush in each pocket, and started with the medium hybrid, excellent brush, feels a bit softer to splay than medium mixed but excellent brush. Its my second favourite.
    Then tried the soft flocked......i lasted three windows, not for me this one i will put it to use on cladding for those hard to reach areas.
    Then came the medium mixed wide...... I cannot praise this brush enough!!!! I have been after a brush like this since i started wfp, with four pencil jets the rinsing is amazing too.
    It reminded me of when i swapped from a 12" squeegee to a 14", it is quicker and makes short work of all my work. Brilliant on the sills, works fantastic with a swivel, due the extra bristles it demolishes slug trails, just soooo happy with it. I didnt need to change the varistream settings and i dont think i used any more water or if it did because its faster i did the same amount of work but shaved at least half an hour off my day!
    Also tried wide fans and narrow fans, no good for me for window cleaning, not accurate enough, but again for pvc they will be amazing

When i swapped back to the medium hybrid it was like cleaning the windows with a toothbrush, it seemed tiny and needed soo many more strokes per window.
    The only time i can imagine using the smaller brushes now would be on windy days or when using my slx 25 on full reach.

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Did you do any Georgians with the wide brush keir? Did you find it too wide for any small windows? Might invest in brush #11 :D

3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

4. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

gd post keir thats why this forum stands out from the rest

5. keir

keir Guru

Yeah thats the one tuffers, no i dont have any Georgians on my round. But yes i reckon the wide would be fine on them cause even with the normal super-lites they still bridge the frames, or do they sit in between the frames?

Yeah i know exactly what you mean duncs, if it wasnt for this forum i would still be in the dark ages gear-wise, fair enough its cost me a fortune to get my gear to where it is now but i have spares, tools, poles, jets, brushes etc etc coming out of my @ss but i also have a tool for every job rather than having to compromise

P.s. The medium hybrid should also be made in the wide Alex please, as it is an absolutely brilliant brush, i will have one straight away thanks lol

6. keir

keir Guru

Oh yeah, got my hair clippers on my old super-lite medium mixed. Gave both the white and black bristles a trim, really easy to do and it feels like new again. All you have to do is take a millimetre or 2 off as you can see the ends all nice and square again

Happy days!!!

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

^^^ happy chap :)

8. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

What is the width of the Extreme Wide Brush?

9. keir

keir Guru

Its 350mm bingo, just an update......it does use more water, i had to put my varistream up to the following settings pause pressure F and flow 4 from F and 3

I found the water coming out of the jets just wasn't up to it, it was taking too long to rinse.
    BUT.....once i got used to the speed required and the shear volume of water coming out whilst rinsing......holy moly it is seriously fast cleaning with this brush, i mean REALLY FAST. But any stubborn bird cr@p etc its better to soak it and carry on on another pane, and even turn the water off and scrub it because of the water usage

What a brush!!!!!! I bloody love it

10. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

keir, how do the 4 jets all connect together, would love to see a pic. I'm getting tempted :D

Advertisement