Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Frameless

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Fraggle

Hi, looking at a job of cleaning a viewing gallery for a swimming pool, so it's so it's basically a wall of windows. Large glass panels butted together. What's the best technique for using the squeegee on this kind of job? Treat each panel independently so just means it's a slower job than if a frame was present?

Do you mean a glass balustrade? These can be quicker to clean when you don't have frames to wipe. Start from the first panel but applicate a little into the next panel, then let your squeegee extend into this next panel. Then when you applicate the next panel start from the line you made, not from the very left of it. Of course, you can applicate a few panels together before squeegeeing, but make sure you use this method of extending the squeegee into the next panel. I hope that makes sense

Yes thanks, makes sense. Will just require a little detailing at the indentation between the two panels? They're not quite flush if you know what I mean. But they are butted together.

Yes thanks, makes sense. Will just require a little detailing at the indentation between the two panels? They're not quite flush if you know what I mean. But they are butted together.
If you overlap each time it shouldn't require too much detailing in the gaps between the panels. Probably just around anything that is holding the glass in place, if there.

Back