Franchise? employed? opinions welcomed

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by GenieGroup, May 4, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. GenieGroup

GenieGroup Newcomer

Hy Guys

Im working on an idea to expand my business

Im currently just starting back up, bit of boring background ...Myself and a business partner had a window cleaning 5 years ago built it up well with me canvassing, we are both not the grafter types admittedly, some people are more suited, we both did not have the drive to really earn the big money by working 10 hours a day etc, my skills are sales and marketing his was organising, accounts tax etc, anyway we sold the business to his brother, in the mean time i have ran a small canvassing team, newspapers, dairys and some window cleaners, now i have just got married have 3 children and want to build something of value.

im fantastic at sales and do genuinely love knocking doors (most of the time, we all hate it some days)
    And I am not satisfied anymore of the idea now of being paid just once for the customer i have worked hard to gain never to see the money again

I do well though £500-£1000 a week canvassing but i support my wife who's just finishing uni and like i said have 3 children so its not enough, especially going forward long term

Anyway ...if you havent fallen asleep

my idea is I buy one van and kit I have a reliable employee in place and canvass his round as i go and pay a set wage £400 per week
    based on 20 customers a day at average £12 per customer, not including added services is £5220 turnover per round, take off vages insurance repairs etc its about £2000 profit per round

I calculate with my canvassing skills i can build 6 rounds a year with myself and a part time canvasser with me - i can get 10 customers min a day working 12pm-8pm add another 5 or so for the other canvasser

i know some on here might say thats going to be hard going and no doubt attract some stick but im a firm believer of aiming high and setting goals

now thats once option

the other way and this way i dont deal with the employment side and those pitfalls or the cost of setting up each round, with the vans and systems

I would offer a Free franchise to existing window cleaners who perhaps have just started up and find the canvassing difficult perhaps

the deal would be we supply the round 400 plus customers a month, uniform, website software package free, the supply the van and kit and we deal in a percentage 60/40 to them, its there business they own, similar to the britannia removals business model They would even retain there own business name example T Smith window cleaner - Genie Group

what would be the best option?

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. Green Pro Clean Ltd

You can franchise it out to me. Just be advised come the months end when my 60% is due I'm no interested in hearing about which custies have not paid etc. That's your problem.

You get my point.

Amd no I'm not looking for a franchise thanks. But good luck to you.

3. GenieGroup

GenieGroup Newcomer

I would aim for signing customers on gocardless, and even so could be split on monthly turnover on payments

4. boarcity

boarcity Guest

this is the wrong business to be in if your a LAZY FECKER . seems like youll only be playing at it

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. GenieGroup

GenieGroup Newcomer

Im not saying im lazy, not in the slightest, I love work, but only when its what I love doing that's sales and building businesses, the way I love at it i could do 10 hours cleaning, or 10 hours canvassing, whats more profitable over 12 months its the 10 hours canvassing

6. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Good luck with your enterprise. I had a canvasser ring me today asking if I needed any canvassing doing. I felt a tad sorry for him as he sounded a bit nervous. Good luck to him though.

7. GenieGroup

GenieGroup Newcomer

shows willing giving you a call

8. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Yeah, at least he's scouring the net looking for people he can earn a living from and giving them a call. Fair play to him.

9. GenieGroup

GenieGroup Newcomer

you make it sound so unethical :D

10. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

It doesn't read well does it, but you get my drift :)

Advertisement