Franked foot

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Jimroot, Mar 26, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

#1 Jimroot, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    cracked a foot bone- tripped while carrying a child downstairs. Luckily, my broken bone was the only injury.

Out of action for minimum six weeks, prob over eight weeks given the loads I have to carry to work. I'm not ashamed to say I shed a tear of frustration, breaking a bone just as my business is kicking off and no income for two months, having to ring around my upcoming appointments to cancel... image.jpg

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Sorry to hear that Jimroot ...wishing you a speedy recovery :thumbsup:

3. mr shine

mr shine Guru

is the any local windy you know that might cover your work and give you some percentage of it , trust is the big issue there .good luck with your recovery

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

That sucks Jimroot. Hope you sort your work out somehow.

5. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

Going to limp down the the job centre tomorrow after fracture clinic and see about income support for a few months, all of £53 a week I believe, better than nothing. and maybe council tax relief.

Anyone had similar debilitation, and know the process ? I'm going to untax my vehicles and sorn them, cancel all insurances too to save dosh.

I've been doing mostly one off gutter clears Mr shine while I keep practicing windows, and only have a handful of window regulars. Only just begun my foray into round building, infact had 5k flyers arrive yesterday and intended to do an hour per day canvassing/flyering with them from today :-(

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

thats rotten luck jim. an idea might be to ask at job centre if theres a bod on the books there who could step up and do the work while you encourage him, from back seat of car ?

7. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

#7 Jimroot, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
    Need to just concentrate on healing up I reckon, then restart after a two month 'enforced holiday'. Can start trad practice up again in a few weeks on my grounds. I'd just finished my boab and channel mods

The people I've got so far said they're ok to wait, I said I wouldn't be offended if they looked elsewhere, but cause I've fitted in with what they wanted time/day wise as I'm low-key and starting out, I think I'll retain them.

8. norm

norm Grand Master

get well soon jimroot

9. Natty1972

Natty1972 Forum Addict

Jim, Have you had frank around,,Get well soon bud :thumbsup:

10. cheapncheerful

get well soon jimroot:thumbsup: probably best that you hadnt got your flyers out as nothing worse than not being able to respond to phone calls..

can we assume the child survived okay?

a post like this really really makes you think when you take your health for granted like I do....

oh and let me be the first to say....happy easter...and dont eat too many eggs...

Advertisement