Free Advertising With Thompson And Yell

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Neil, Oct 26, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Neil

Neil Grand Master

I have a free listing on both of these and this week i have had 2 calls from these, one for a gutter clean and one for me to do the windows have any of you lot done this advertising?

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

i've paid for yell in the past andin the top 10 and not had one call from it! lol

3. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

I have used yell in the past for another trade and paid like £800 for an ad and got diddly squat .

4. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Im told Thompson are better than Yell now, well there online is. Dont pay for Yell its **** now.... They use these free listings you get your details, then phone you up and slaver a load of **** to get you to sign up, both of them told me because there partners with Google they could make my site top for my key words.

After asking them how they know how goggles algorithm works, they dropped that part of there pitch and started blabbering on about something else. How there phone number would get me more business....useless sales people lol. Yell even offered to come out to my house to ''show me a package'' the offer.

5. Neil

Neil Grand Master

Yeh thats what they told me that they are partners with google, i just said to the bloke who works for yell "ive got the free listing up now and thats all i want" . Goodbye ! :)

6. Iain

Iain Guru

It's weird as I've heard some prone get good results, others get nothing! I've personally never seen anything from my listing, which I'll add, I spent 4 hours working on! Not many people actually uses these directories to search for things anymore. There are some industry-specific ones that work though!

7. Iain

Iain Guru

That's cos they don't know how the algorithm works. They're still buying domain names with postcodes in them! Their idea of SEO is about 2 years out of date.

8. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Same here Iain .

If I ever need anything it's google for me .

9. harunh

harunh Legend

i need to sign up for thompson

and yell.com is not worth paying why do that when u can go forr google adwords ;)

Advertisement