Free Clean Offer Idea?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by mufcglen, Aug 12, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mufcglen

mufcglen Well-Known Member

Hi guys I'm thinking of offering a free clean to my customers who recommend me to neighbours,friends etc and I get a regular job out of it,say maybe refer two people to me and if they become regular cleans u get a one off free clean!
    Has anybody tried this and if so what's your thoughts and experiences, I'm thinking it will help my customers recommend me to they're friends neighbours as they know they'll get a free wash!

Advertisement
  2. OoO

OoO Guest

Pretty standard idea and It does work. Don't expect lots from it. But It can't hurt :)

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Always worth a try I suppose....

However I've not tried it myself as my thoughts are ppl can take advantage when you offer something for free. One-off/first cleans generally takes me much longer to do so could end up being out of pocket if recommended ppl agree to a regular clean then change their minds and they only get them done once or on a ad-hoc basis.

4. mark m

mark m Hero

it is worth a try but when I tried it never worked

5. Mart1001

Mart1001 Well-Known Member

Be good, well priced and likeable, and your customers will naturally refer you.

Mart.

6. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Don't bother offering free cleans if you do a good job anyway people will reccomend you anyway .

7. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

8. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Tried it a few times, never worked

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Lol it cost me a £30 clean to get a £15 clean.

10. Whizz-Bizz

Whizz-Bizz Forum Addict
    Supplier

I use something similar in my campaigns now, Ask for 5 recommendations for a free clean. You should look to average 3 recos per customer and as they never get you 5 people you never have to do a free clean, and all they are doing is just replacing themselves. Flippen marvellous and it works, if you consistantly push it. If I had a round Id have it on my flyers and website and welcome letter.

Word of mouth is king, for every happy customer you get 3 recos and for every unhappy customer you get 10 negative recos.

Hope this helps

Advertisement