Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Time

WCF

Help Support WCF:

J and S

Is it true that it takes twice as long as trad first time wfp....just going back after lunch and it seems as though I've done hardly anything this morning?

It should only take a few minutes more

Scrub the top above the frame and top frame..do the same on any other windows you can reach without extending / collapsing the pole then go back and clean the rest of the first one including the rest of the frames then go to the next one you did etc

That gives the top time to drip and really only takes a little longer

I also use ubik as i find then the windows only need 1 decent scrub

Seems so slow getting frames up to scratch the glass is the easy bit.

Feel as though I've hardly done anything...taken a full day to do half a day but am sure it will be worth it once al the frames are sorted.

Seems so slow getting frames up to scratch the glass is the easy bit.Feel as though I've hardly done anything...taken a full day to do half a day but am sure it will be worth it once al the frames are sorted.
I thought this too on month one, but month three is a breeze. Although I did a load of houses wfp for the first time today and forgot how much of a ball ache it is first time. Had to go back and redo a few Windows from seal drips once they'd dried.

yeh it does take ages mate, ive 12 first cleans to do tomorrow and i expect it to take all day, important thing is to do a good job it takes as long as it takes, second time round probably take a morning

12 first cleans in a day is some going! You'll be feeling that one tomorrow evening lol /emoticons/smile.png

To the OP - don't forget to put first clean prices on your first cleans to allow for the extra time you need. That way you're not out of pocket!

Back