Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

At A Loss With Pump, Please Help

koopmaster

Hi guys,

I have a surflow 100psi pump and a digital controller but its driving me insane...

today the flow is going from normal to low every 3 seconds. I can hear the pump going "brrrrrrrrrrrr, brrr, brrrrrrrrrr , brr.

thats the only way I can explain it. I know there is no air lock or blockage. I am at a loss. I tried recallabrating it and turning but nothing is working....

I am now charing the battery but this bloddy thing has cost me half a day and I just want to chuck it in the bin...

has anyone had this before and if so how can I please please fix it...

what is the pump connected to, do you have the hose reel connected.

if you just put a short hose with a tap on it should run fine then when you close the tap the pump should slow then stop.

if you have your pressure setting high then it will keep the pressure up by blipping on and off.

It sounds as though its either a battery issue or a calibration problem.

If a battery is low on charge then we have had the situation as you describe. We have also found with each of our leisure batteries that have got old that they appear to be fully charged but don't last long as they haven't the capacity.

If you turn your flow down at the brush, can you get the flow low enough that you have a continual flow? If you then increase the flow, does the pump pulse - runs for a bit and then stops, runs for a bit and stops. If the battery is ok, then the problem is that the controller needs recalibrating (pressure increased) which is normal practise in winter. Once you have charged up your battery, does this rectify the problem for a while?

Do you regularily charge your battery, or do you mainly rely on a split charge relay?

Do a Bench test, connect it up and run for 30 minutes, sounds like too much pressure is causing the pump to cycle. If it works on the bench with the right size hoses in and out with no taps, then theres nothing wrong with the pump. Try it anytime you get pump problems, I always do when a pump is coming up to the end of the guarantee period, even if its working fine. If it isnt working on the bench you need to claim a new one,

Dose that with me pf trolley from time to time due to air is in the system.

Try disconecting the hose reel and run the pump at full full bore to purge the system from air until you get a full flow of water. Connect the reel back up and do the same until the wfp jets are on full flow too. Then recalibrate the controler dead end stop once done...

Also check your filter is not getting cloged up.

Hi guys,

I have a surflow 100psi pump and a digital controller but its driving me insane...

today the flow is going from normal to low every 3 seconds. I can hear the pump going "brrrrrrrrrrrr, brrr, brrrrrrrrrr , brr.

thats the only way I can explain it. I know there is no air lock or blockage. I am at a loss. I tried recallabrating it and turning but nothing is working....

I am now charing the battery but this bloddy thing has cost me half a day and I just want to chuck it in the bin...

has anyone had this before and if so how can I please please fix it...

It sounds as though its either a battery issue or a calibration problem.

If a battery is low on charge then we have had the situation as you describe. We have also found with each of our leisure batteries that have got old that they appear to be fully charged but don't last long as they haven't the capacity.

If you turn your flow down at the brush, can you get the flow low enough that you have a continual flow? If you then increase the flow, does the pump pulse - runs for a bit and then stops, runs for a bit and stops. If the battery is ok, then the problem is that the controller needs recalibrating (pressure increased) which is normal practise in winter. Once you have charged up your battery, does this rectify the problem for a while?

Do you regularily charge your battery, or do you mainly rely on a split charge relay?
I have not charged it for about a month but I have a solar charger and have just put on a split relay.

I have charged it for about 4 hours now but its going to rain so I will run it tomorrow and see if that made a difference. I suspect its the battery.

thanks for the tips guys

sounds like a pressure switch prob, or pump is to high, what number are you running it on and what is teh cal set at?

Back