Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

This Is A New One To Me

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Vince Green

I've been window cleaning a long time now and thought I had seen it all but I heard something new yesterday. I picked up a new customer, well she picked me up really, she stopped me in the street. She's fussy, I know that and she told me she had just sacked her present window cleaner because she wasn't happy with him.

She also said that her previous window cleaner before that used to polish the white sills with Mer car polish a couple of times a year. I have to say her sills are in very good condition.

Has anyone else ever heard of this?

yh i offer a frame and glass polishing service, and use car polish on both, you do it the same as you would a car, rub on and buff off, trust me they come up absolutely mint and the polish/wax creates a protective layer that makes it stay cleaner for longer. iv only got 1 custie that has this tho and its only twice a year but its a good earner

yh i offer a frame and glass polishing service, and use car polish on both, you do it the same as you would a car, rub on and buff off, trust me they come up absolutely mint and the polish/wax creates a protective layer that makes it stay cleaner for longer. iv only got 1 custie that has this tho and its only twice a year but its a good earner
so do you polish and wax the glass to or just the frames??

both, i clean the window trad as normal, wipe the frames, then polish the frames, then the glass, does an amazing job, i wish more of my custies wanted it doing!

both, i clean the window trad as normal, wipe the frames, then polish the frames, then the glass, does an amazing job, i wish more of my custies wanted it doing!
cool, dont the wax effect the glass then?

no negative effects, all polish has a cutting ability but in general car polish is equivelant to 1 out of 100 cutting power, so it will cut back all the dirt and grime right back to the original smooth glass surface, its also then protected by the sealent in the polish.

give it a go, choose an average size window on your house, couple of blobs on a cloth, spread it around the glass in small circles and then buff off with a scrim, you'll be amazed at how clean they come up!

no negative effects, all polish has a cutting ability but in general car polish is equivelant to 1 out of 100 cutting power, so it will cut back all the dirt and grime right back to the original smooth glass surface, its also then protected by the sealent in the polish.

give it a go, choose an average size window on your house, couple of blobs on a cloth, spread it around the glass in small circles and then buff off with a scrim, you'll be amazed at how clean they come up!
might just do that, what brand do you use?

How much do you charge for this?

you can use any car polish, mer, meguires, autoglym, carplan, and the house i do is a big house, costs 15 for a normal clean, when i do the polish clean it costs £45

i want to try it on a window on my house to find out what effect it would have when you clean the glass with the wfp system after this has been done,

lol, i do the whole frame not just the sills, i dont do 3rd storey as im trad. and its really not that hard, its just like wiping the frames over twice, the house i do takes about an hour all in, for £45, so well worth the effort.

rc - let me know how you get on with the wfp after the polishing, im interested to know how it affects the sheeting on the glass.

lol, i do the whole frame not just the sills, i dont do 3rd storey as im trad. and its really not that hard, its just like wiping the frames over twice, the house i do takes about an hour all in, for £45, so well worth the effort.

rc - let me know how you get on with the wfp after the polishing, im interested to know how it affects the sheeting on the glass.
yer will do. might pick some up today after i finish work just to have a go!!

Just done a couple of mine with t cut colour restorer, which I assume is much the same. Think the only negatives for wfp is you might need to rinse longer on windows that bead. Those that sheet seem fine as norm. That said there not dry yet!

Back