Freezing kit

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Lee, Feb 3, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Lee

Lee Guest

Hi lads. Any tips on stopping yr wfp kit freezing?
    Cheers

Advertisement
  2. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

If you have a diy setup, have your system configured so you can remove pump, di vessel and hose reel easily, so you can keep it in the house (or garage/shed) over***ht. If that isnt an option and you have a driveway next to your house, a small electric heater plugged into an extension. Failing that, you can buy small gas heaters (30cm x 35cm x 50cm approx), which take a 7gk bottle and will apparently run for about 65 hours on low setting. That is what i am seriously considering, once i have sussed out the ventilation issue, which currently is running along the lines of getting a couple of those wind deflecters you attatch to the top of your windows, so i can leave them down an inch or so without rain/theives getting in and leaving the back door on '1st' latch (so it is locked, but not quite closed).

3. simon

simon Guru

'gas heater ' i thought of that as well but wouldnt it mean leaving a flame in van all ***ht??? not sure i could handle that

4. swas

swas Active Member

just heat up in morning about 1 hour before work.

5. James

James Guru

Yeah get up at 6am and stick a heater in your van.

James.

6. nearlyclean

Supplier

I brought some insulation padding that you wrap around immersion heater tank and cover all my stuff with that over ***ht minus 6 last ***ht and my gear was fine but better still if you can remove pump di unit and drain off all pipes you should nt have any problems

7. James

James Guru

If it's wfp kit? surely you can just keep it inside right?

James.

8. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

The gas heaters i been looking at have auto shut off if not enough air (ventilation), and also auto shut off if it tips over, so i think it would be perfectly safe leaving it on over***ht. I would, however, be a bit worried about putting it on in the morning and heating it up too quick, possibly causing various things to split and crack!. Also, keeping heater on over***ht, your water is going to be less cold, might even get as hot as 'tepid', which may help keep things running in these cold mornings!

9. James

James Guru

If you had the settings on 'lowish' I don't think it would be quick enough to make the equipment crack. Just as long as the van didn't heat up too quickly.

James.

10. i bought a cheap duvet from tescos, i take all the pressure out of my system put the duver over all my kit and its fine

Advertisement