Frequencies/ No Of Households Per Day

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by dth, Dec 30, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. dth

dth Active Member

Hi im new to the wfp industry i started in April this year and things are going really well but i feela bit cheeky cleaning the glass every 4 weeks cos when i get there its never mucky and im just wiping clean glass.

What frequencies is everybody else doing, IE 4,6,8 weeklys.

the other thing is i can clean about 28 houses a day in a 8 hour shift is this about right.

Advertisement
  2. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

i started off 4-8, but want to change everything to 6 weeks, all work this year will be on a 6 week cycle, as i feel this is the best frequemcy v dirty windows, wont be doing any not on the 6 week cycle, except 1 care home every other month,

3. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

should be able to do that in 6, but after 5 hours i am knackered

4. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

That’s good; you’re maintaining the windows well. Don’t worry, the customers will be or should be very happy that you can keep them so clean throughout the entire year by only servicing them 13 times per year.

I offer 4, 6 & 8 weeks as standard, how many you clean per day has be average out over the year, 28 houses every day is high compared to me, same goes for the number per hour. More windows on a building can mean more time or even less time, cleaning time will vary if the building is big, tall, awkward or has access issues, obstacles etc.

So unless you do only houses that are all the same design made by the same builder all of them having the same type of access, no extras like conservatories, extension or even new and different windows, every job will likely differ in some way. Those differences can be accounted for with your prices.

Richard

5. shazzy692002

28 in one day, thats a lot. I do about 10- 13 standard 3 bed houses in 6 hours, averaging £100 plus a day.

I also work on a 6-8-12 weeks rota, Mostly being 6 weeks, and only a couple at 12 weeks,

6. OoO

OoO Guest

Works out to be 3.5 houses as hour.

So very easy todo.

One guy on his own should be doing £250 on a good round.

7. shazzy692002

Must be on the same road, if not 20 min of that can be traveling time, I could do 28 in a day if all on one road. lol

8. dth

dth Active Member

Yes thats what i can do about 250 per day, but when i tell some window cleaners they think im bullshitting because alot of people i speak to can only do about 150 max.

9. dth

dth Active Member

I have a very tight round when i stop the van i generally do about four houses before move on.

10. OoO

OoO Guest

£150 lol that's traditional money.

Don't get me wrong tho, it's takes time to build a decent round.

Advertisement