fresh meat

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by kris122, Oct 30, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. kris122

kris122 Guest

Hi all. Kris here. Just bought myself a nice bunch of window cleaning equipment in the hope of making a few pennies. Looking forward to trawling this forum and sucking up all tips and hints. I am in the Milton Keynes area and hoping to gather myself a nice little round. Been practicing on my windows today and the missus is pleased so round 1 complete. Looking forward to interact.

Advertisement
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Welcome ;)

3. nearlyclean

Supplier

Suck up as much as you can,get through the winter months and the rest will be easy

4. A.K WINDOWS

get on the ladder and work will come every day.

5. kris122

kris122 Guest

Good advice already. Still practicing on friends and family. Rather enjoying it. Better than my regular job being sandwiched by morons talking twaddle all day. Hope it's for me. I like working alone and don't mind the cold so much. I'm certain there will be plenty of ups and downs (no pun intended) but isn't that the case in anything you do????? Peace

6. fritzandre24

fritzandre24 Guest

Hello kris, welcome to the forums, newbie here also, hopefully you will find good infos that will help you, yeah your right its nice "being your own boss"

7. kris122

kris122 Guest

Welcome to you too. Likewise hope you find what you need here. It seems like a pretty friendly forum.

8. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Kris, have you gained many customers over the past few days. I have had my liitle round for 3 months, but only left full time employment 2 weeks ago. Trying to build up the numbers now. It gives me a real buzz every time I get a new customer...got two new ones today...a 12 quid job and a 15 quid job...well pleased!

9. kris122

kris122 Guest

I'm still waiting on a ladder. Not done anymore canvassing as I'm still full-time employed. Also got a boy to look after in the day. But I'll be out and about this weekend and next week drumming up some business. Great news for you and your round. Hope it all works out. I've got a 6-12 month plan. Where did you get your leaflets if you have any? I made some but I don't like them. Thinking of getting a company to do them but I don't really know what's best.

10. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

I designed my own leaflet. My daughters friend did the artwork....it was a simple cartoon figure of a window cleaner holding a ladder with the trading name above. It looked ok, but I suppose professionally produced ones would be better. To be honest, I have found the best way of getting customers is knocking on dooes...also word of mouth and people coming up to you when you are actually working. Oh I also got 2000 business cards from vistaprint...cost me about 25 quid. they look good.

Advertisement