Friendly Window Cleaners Not Any More

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by adyspurs, Jan 29, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. adyspurs

adyspurs Guru

Picked up some work in a village near me a while ago where only had one window cleaner.Lady who's house I do told me to go in parish magazine so I did.
    Told the bloke I've got some houses un village coz of this and he was fine.
    6 months down the line I've taken half his work coz they aren't happy with him,shoddy work,no insurance as he broke something,I even charge more and I get job.
    Threatend me but stood up to him as not scared.
    Is this out of order what I've done but didn't canvass,no leafleting.
    I've many window cleaner friends and wouldn't dream of taking work but this bloke was s#£t.
    Any views.

Advertisement
  2. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Also interested in this etiquette of window cleaning never seen it in other trades from what I understand locally to me you have done nothing wrong he has seen his ars* cause he lost more than expected as for standing up to him defo but never come to blows in front of any custies so unprofessional arrange a meeting away from the area if its likely to come to blows

3. adyspurs

adyspurs Guru

Well done mate put me at ease,posh ladies in village hated him but like me!!!no seriously ended there accidentally and swooped across it by mistake.as for standing up to him,came up to me,swore at me while doing house.caught up with him in tescos,arrange meet an all that didn't want to know.i did warn him I was working in village prior to gaining his work.

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Simple answer is customers call the shots who they want to clean their windows.

5. adyspurs

adyspurs Guru

Round here it's really cut throat mate,you gotta be on your game.

6. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

At the meet if required fight like its your last fight pal win or loose they better know not to come back never failed me yet

7. adyspurs

adyspurs Guru

Know where your coming from fella,no worries though,he's a fat little lump and use to do kick boxing,end of.

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Plenty of fruit cakes about for sure but at the end of the day we all should act like adult not like silly little boys wanting a playground fight over something that is out of our control. :rolleyes:

9. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

some areas are more cut throat than others and certain etiquette s stand in different areas its in your own interest to know the etiquette and then make your decision if you will abide by it or stand up to it but some will change the etiquette rules to suit themselves that's when you gotta stand your ground

10. OoO

OoO Guest

We have been lied to. We have bought rounds and the seller has said they are giving up window cleaning. Then two years later see em again cleaning.

Luckily nobody in the firm is skinny lmao.

Advertisement