Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

FB likes...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I've never really understood Facebook likes.

I've got almost 500 people who like my Facebook business page. I think that means that when I post something it appears on those 500 people's timeline.

Is there any other benefit of having loads of 'likes' other than more people seeing your content?

I often see people asking for Facebook likes and it seems pointless. The people you want to be liking your page are people who are potential customers, or people local to you at the very least.

Maybe someone can explain it to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

also it says most window cleaners can't clean a solar panel so it's a bit patronising to most of us on here

Good point Adams. I've never understood it either. See heaps of people asking friends to 'like' their business pages...even though the friends are unlikely to be customers.

Good point Adams. I've never understood it either. See heaps of people asking friends to 'like' their business pages...even though the friends are unlikely to be customers.
But then if those friends comment on or like a post on the business page, suddenly all their friends can see that post too, which then possibly generated new customers.

But it's only any use if the people are local.

you need at least a 100 likes to be a credible biz,who is seen to be keen to do work ,in my eyes. see under 20 likes and little content ,to me they look like drifters . i bleve you can pay FB to get more likes ,shallow FAKERY hmm,maybe but long as more work rolls in off the back of it then its all good . one downer of banging away getting facebook views/likes is that your personal FB friends keep gettin bombarded wi your blurb, so what,to me FB is all about gettin in more work,not braggin about personal stuff. www.facebook.com/jonnywindows

In this town there is a group that does it every so often..it's a like ladder

Everyone will like every local business on there in return for everyone liking theirs

I think it just helps get your name seen by more people ie. Friends of those local businesses which can be beneficial

It's just to add credibility when new people come across your page. If it's got a thousand likes and 50 reviews, you think "flip me, these guys are the real deal, well established, and good at their job!"

Back