Frost protection

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Andy, Feb 16, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Andy

Andy Forum Addict

weathers mans predicting over night frosts was thinking if you cant have a heater in the van for what ever reason would rapping the resin bottles and pump in garden frost proof fleece not protect them if not wanting to take them out every night and water heaters.I think a layer of fleece is good for minus 5

Advertisement
  2. johnny bravo

with all the frost we had , one morning i got caught, i decided to cover reel + hoses from pump with sleeping bag, and big quilt. insulated hosepipes, covered up pump.. everything ok. uncover reel in morning and yippee kiay.

3. kevinc250

kevinc250 Well-Known Member

it won't be too bad at this time of year,turn off the tank valve, controller on full blast to purge,then disconnect hose before and after pump-run again to purge,dis-connect hose reel/cover with sleeping bag/duvet,one of those furry slippers fit nicely over a pump to keep it warm,empty every hose you can and you'll be fine

4. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

Up until this year I have covered everything in three duvets and it has been ok. This year I have put a heater in instead.

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I have a small oil filled radiator. I forgot to turn it on one night the other week :(. It keeps the van frost free though :thumbsup:

6. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I love not scraping the windscreen clear of ice in the morning :)

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Apart from the windscreen. I cover that with an old bed sheet.

8. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

I used a greenhouse heater. Keeps the frost out. Did get caught out once. Its almost 10 degrees now in london so not bothered anymore.

9. Neil

Neil Grand Master

Advertisement