fuel

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by Gav, Mar 16, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Do you put all your fuel in as an experience? Or can you only put so much in?

Advertisement
  2. nearlyclean

Supplier

If it is a work vehicle 90% is a safe figure and 30% if you have a Family car ( used when giving quotes)
    Only have the One Vehicle I was told by my accountant 80% work 20% pleasure is a safe figure
    I have been self employed for 20 years and work on these figures over the years with no problems.
    If you put 100% in they may question it because no one solely uses a vehicle for work purposes.example pop down the shop for Mars bar and paper,it sounds petty but we all know how the Tax man works

3. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Great sounds about right I have pretty much done this, entered some receipts for fuel as expences but also a few times have filled up and not bothered putting it through

4. If its a van you have then HMRC expect it all to be fuel so yes put it all in if its a car then you need to keep back at least 10% for personal mileage

5. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

oh right that's what I thought as van is only used for work. But read other places that you should not put all in.

6. yeah i got that directlly from HMRC

7. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Some keep a mileage log, and work out the percentage.

Bear in mind though that if you are using the vehicle for work it may have ladders fitted, and a full load of water - so you would get less mpg when using for work, than using it empty, without ladders for private.

8. monty3ross

monty3ross Guest

Your calculation is absolutely correct.

Advertisement