Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

fuel

If it is a work vehicle 90% is a safe figure and 30% if you have a Family car ( used when giving quotes)

Only have the One Vehicle I was told by my accountant 80% work 20% pleasure is a safe figure

I have been self employed for 20 years and work on these figures over the years with no problems.

If you put 100% in they may question it because no one solely uses a vehicle for work purposes.example pop down the shop for Mars bar and paper,it sounds petty but we all know how the Tax man works

Great sounds about right I have pretty much done this, entered some receipts for fuel as expences but also a few times have filled up and not bothered putting it through

oh right that's what I thought as van is only used for work. But read other places that you should not put all in.

Some keep a mileage log, and work out the percentage.

Bear in mind though that if you are using the vehicle for work it may have ladders fitted, and a full load of water - so you would get less mpg when using for work, than using it empty, without ladders for private.

Back