Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Do you guys use tap water to clean gutters and fascias?

slippy

I do to save water, but worry that (TDS 300) tap water will stain the glass on higher windows and wfp wont get it off? On bungalows I guess you can squeegee it and see it close up

I'm using tap now and I am also saying to customers your windows might get some dirt on them which no one has complained about yet. I think a lot already have a window cleaner cleaning the windows so I will just leave that to him to sort.

A lot of the window guys by me won't touch gutter/fascia so I try and pick it up which suits me.

I'm using tap now and I am also saying to customers your windows might get some dirt on them which no one has complained about yet. I think a lot already have a window cleaner cleaning the windows so I will just leave that to him to sort out
:confused::confused::confused::confused:
You should always clean the windows after otherwise its just a bad job as the windows will be left in a right state, I always clean FSG with pure and do all windows and doors

One house I cleaned, was plastered with muck after someone had cleaned the gutters, big house n Conny windows covered, was already a badly priced house n i get the pleasure of cleaning up dried in muck with no extra pay, not a happy chappy.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I used to use tap water and either fill from drums that I'd taken with me or the customers tap and use my backpack but I'm too lazy now and use pure for everything. It helps that I'm producing my own pure now rather than buying by the litre.

If the customer has an outside tap i will connect a reel to it to do fascias but if you wet a window the trick is to wet it again before it can dry

If you keep it wet it will be fine to do with pure after

In fact if i do a conny roof the last thing i do is the conny windows and frames etc with tap water before rinsing the whole lot with pure when done

More pressure from a decent garden tap and xjet than wfp so can blast out the gap between frames and sills etc

i use pure because i dont have di in van my water is pumped in to tank 000 i also think its bad pratic using custmers water just my view tho so i use my own i allways clean windows after f.g clean as the hole house is gleaming then

i have been going for 4 years now and used to clean pvc with pure but the last few i have used custys tap (with prior permission) even windows then go over windows again with pure .
To me far better [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Generally use pure but sometimes use the customers tap to rinse off if really bad or rinse conservatory roofs then finish off with pure 

Back