full throttle

Discussion in 'Pressure Washing' started by unit, Mar 19, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. unit

unit Guest

What speed are you guys running your machines at?
    My set up is Honda gx390 motor with inter-pump and a gear box.

I usaly turn revs down for spraying ditergent and rinsing,but some times have to turn the throttle all the way up on bad drives/paths etc.

Do you think this is bad practice,would this hert the machine ?
    When I'm cleaning I'm cringing,in my head it sounds like some ones ragging an old fiesta around a car park.

I'm probably just worrying my investment will explode in my face.

Advertisement
  2. Ben23

Ben23 Member

as long as its not wood/decking or a damaged area then I generally run full throttle all the way, 3000 psi 21lpm :) shouldn't hurt the machine, its what their built to do

3. unit

unit Guest

Thanks Ben23.

4. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

I also have a machine with a gearbox. Although they use a bit more petrol, they can run and run on full power all day, no problem. Ben at Rutland pumps told me this

5. moonpig

moonpig Active Member

I also have the gx390 gearbox and I only need to run mine on just over quarter throttle and works fine for most jobs. I do how ever have a different unloader valve to what came on the machine so that might be why.

Advertisement