Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump Controllers Help

• Thread starter Deleted member 84
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 84

Hey guys, when I come to start the pump up each morning I'm having to wait 5 minutes to get it pumping water the pump controller flashes stating "OC" god knows what that means, to get the pump pumping water out I have to disconnect the hose pipe which connects to the hose reel and letting it run for a while. There's no leaks any where especially on the pump, and the pump is located low down near the tank outlet. I have a 90 degree swivel valve connection on the hose reel could this be at fault?

Thanks for reading

Hi, I would say OC is overcurrent it sounds like the pump is pumping against a dead end and stalling; you remove hose and it flows because you have relived the pressure. Check the hose and reel for blockages, could also be that the pump brushes are worn and it draws a high current

Hope this helps

Check your Hozelok fittings, especially the auto stop ones. We have had them not opening properly when coupling up and causing a poor water flow. We only use the standard ones now

Back