Fuming

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by monkeyman, Dec 15, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. monkeyman

monkeyman Well-Known Member

My landlord called, asking me to clean his windows. But if you don't do it for free I will put your rent up. Make sure you leave a card so I can keep a tab on how often you come.
    WTF

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

Sounds like he needs a knuckle sandwich, but make sure he wasnt joking first.

3. monkeyman

monkeyman Well-Known Member

No, he wasn't joking, it was a short to the point call, I didn't even reply because I was so shocked, I just hung up. My Mrs said look at the plus side, take advantage of the situation he's put himself in. But I'm just angry.

4. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

What is with landlords. Our did a similar one on us recently. They have been paying a window cleaner to do our windows since before we moved in then the other day he calls and says can you now take over paying for window cleaner.

My first thought was no, I am not bothered anyway then he says if you do we won't put rent up for another year cheek of it!

5. shazzy692002

I would just say no problem. I can fit you in week commencing 10th jan...random date and just go on the rainey day haha...keep a tab of the price in case in 6 months he put your rent up

6. JBC88

JBC88 Member

Find something in house that needs doing and call him back saying if it's not fixed your not paying rent lol...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

You should have been given a contract that states what your responsibilities are in the upkeep of the property you are renting. If window cleaning is not stated as your responsibility then you can tell him/her to go do one.

To be honest most rental properties it is the tenant’s responsibility anyway regardless if you are a window cleaner or not.

8. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

What if he don't like the pole thingy? What about your expenses getting to the job, how long will it take x your hourly rate?

I'd play him at his own game and make nuisance of yourself by complaining about things that need fixing. Tell him you can smell gas from the boiler, a short circuit blew up the Mrs's hairdryer, leaking tap, odd smell in the attic.

How long is your lease for? Is there a clause that he can up your rent within the lease?

Fk him, he's a bully!

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Oh I see he wants you to do his house not the one you are renting off him....Sounds like he needs a visit from the knee breakers club then as he sounds a right ahole.

Say to him NO you are not going to clean his windows for free on the property he lives in but this time make sure you record the conversation so can be used in evidence if/when things escalate.

10. abs

abs Guru

I rent out 2 propertys and the way I see it the tenant is responsible for a window cleaner and they either do or they don't it's there house while they pay so I dont care, this guy who demanded you clean his windows is a joke I'd go round his house personally myself and smash his face repeatedly with my fist till he sees .y way of thinking

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
Advertisement