Fungicidal Wash

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Window Cleaner, Jul 9, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Window Cleaner

Window Cleaner Active Member

can any one recommend a good fungicide wash for patios's and roofs as iv tried a few and not over the moon with them and looking fo something bit stronger

Advertisement
  2. mr shine

mr shine Guru

i regularly use chloras , its brilliant on stubborn stains , dont let it next or near glass as it can permanently etch the glass and i believe a nightmare to get off , it can be got in your local farming suppliers or co op , ive never used it on a slate roof as id be afraid of it bleeching the slates , id recommend testing it in a discreet area before using on tiled roofs

3. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

4. mr shine

mr shine Guru

im sure that stuff is good rc but i wouldnt fancy paying 20 plus vat when chloras costs me 20 euros for a 25 litre drum

5. Window Cleaner

cheers lads iv not heard of either so going to look into them now nice 1

6. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

you got a link to the stuff?

7. mr shine

mr shine Guru

sorry no link but it seems to be stocked by any farming suppliers or co ops

8. Window Cleaner

reason im asking is when i brought my fsc the man who sold it me was saying he was having problems with sealants so as a alternative he now uses fungicide wash he gave me the name but iv since forgot as this was a while back iv tried a few since but not much good, when iv previously used it i have done so according to the instructions on the link (diluted sprayed on area then washed off) but the guy i was speaking to said he cleans the area then sprays fungicide on and leaves it to dry he offers this every 6 months or so to keep in contact with customer which is what im looking into doing, do you no if its suitable for that application ?

9. mr shine

mr shine Guru

ive a few customers that i go to once twice a year and spray the area with the chloras and its good for 6 months , try it you wont be dissapointed , its great for killing the algae growth on concrete drives etc and patios

10. mr shine

mr shine Guru

when powerwashing always look out for shaded damp areas as these are prone to algae growth , i always spray these areas after powerwashing and it keeps it away long enough for the customer not to complain

Advertisement