Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van set up

Mwwindowcleaning

Hey peeps, at the moment I use 300litres of water+ in jerry cans and gardiner back packs which I carry in my primastar. I'm thinking of getting a 650 baffled tank but I want it to be bolted to the bulkhead and fastened the safest way. Does anyone have any idea what I should be buying and where I can get it.no straps. I would ideally like a system that makes water on the move but I can't find one

Cheers

You will be wanting a tank and frame that is bolted through the floor then as it's the safest way to install a tank. It would be best to also apply a protective coating on the van floor first.

There are a few companies that will sell you a fully installed system depending how much you want to pay or you can go down the diy route and get the parts you need. If going down the diy route then best pay to have the tank fitted and the rest you can do yourself if you want.

I'm not sure what you mean about producing pure on the move though as most pro van mounts are either di only or ro/di systems that both require being connected to a mains tap to top up the tank. Say for instance if wanting to produce pure on demand on a large commercial jobs in a hard water area that have an outside tap then to save having to go offsite to refill an onboard 4040 ro/di does have that advantage over a static at home ro/di setup.

As far as suppliers then that is up to you which ones you go with either to get the bits to make one yourself or buy a fully installed system.

@doug atkinson might be able to point you in the right direction the best way to go.

Yeah I had a 400l van system from omnipole but it kept breaking and was situated in the middle of the van, which was poor positioning sense. Floor is already water proofed too.

I have most of the components, just need a baffled tank, metal bracket. A hose reel and 100m hosing. Which size do I go for in diameter? I was just wondering where u lot got ur equipment from as must be a reliable source.

Nice one for replying papa and hope ur Mrs is on the mend

Back