Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rubber

rjacandwc

Hi! All.... I have been using Ettore Soft Black Rubber for a long time now. Was just wondering if any of you moved on to a different rubber and found it better to work with etc. I find Ettore excellent. Don't get me wrong. I was just wondering out of curiosity really. I have seen a lot of new products such as Facelift Red Rubber and Unger Green Rubber etc etc and was wondering if any different or better in your opinion...

I also use a Ettore Quick Release Handle with a Ettore Dog-eared Channel... Have no compaint's although I get slight ganglion on the top of my wrist due to wear and tear over the years. The only good thing that has come from that is I can fan with both hands these days lol. I was just wondering if any of you use lighter products and get on better with these?... I have tried the Wagtail which I find ok for certain windows. But, I always seems to go back to the Ettore. Your thoughts are always welcome!... Cheers :)

i dont rate the unger green rubber . awful, it seems to me they added a few green crayons into the mix to change the colour

I recently bought an alloy handle and channel, listed as aluminium (Windowcleancentre), I found it really good, I use an alloy channel in my Wagtail too, and that is good. I use Unger hard (Wagtail) and soft (others), and I also use Pulex, which I also rate. I have several quick release handles, but I don't get on with them.

Ettore medium is very good, I've got a load of the hard but I'm still making my mind up. The wagtail red rubber is wonderful stuff, but pricey- seems to live forever.

that aluminium squeegee/channel from the windowclean centre is a real unsung hero- its a great piece of kit. the reason its so good is that its made from Aero alloy,top quality and it doesnt bend easily.

Wagtail squeegees have an aluminium channel but its not of as good a quality ,and it bends fairly easily

iv been buying Moerman rubber the last year or so,in 42 inch lengths X ten . if you use a 14 inch squeegee as your main you get 3 strips out of 1 length. its consistently average in quality, its not excellent but its never rubbish

other brands iv bought in the past are variable in quality,excellent now and then but then sometimes a bad batch that is awful, a total waste of money .

Last edited:
Unger soft. I've tried others but always go back to this.

Funny enough I've just received some green but not tried it yet. May keep it as a reserve.

I use the facelift razrblade just got a new batch from http://www.bladerightcleaningsupplies.co.uk/p.php?p=FaceLift- only £32 for 12x 36" compared to the window cleaning warehouse about £39. Tried Pulex after using this rubber, just seems to drag for me.

I use unger ergotec stuff, but wondering about ettore kit, would love a sorbo squeegee, but the replacement rubber is expensive, that puts me off. I need to modify my squeegees, but hear that ettore are better for dog earing than unger, there will hopefully be a wonder squeegee one day like what polzn bladz is working on [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FbYTHHczSU[/media]

I use the facelift razrblade just got a new batch from http://www.bladerightcleaningsupplies.co.uk/p.php?p=FaceLift- only £32 for 12x 36" compared to the window cleaning warehouse about £39. Tried Pulex after using this rubber, just seems to drag for me.
I use unger ergotec stuff, but wondering about ettore kit, would love a sorbo squeegee, but the replacement rubber is expensive, that puts me off. I need to modify my squeegees, but hear that ettore are better for dog earing than unger, there will hopefully be a wonder squeegee one day like what polzn bladz is working on [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FbYTHHczSU[/media]
This squeegee is incredible!!

Latest Posts

Back