Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Spring V11 digital pump controller

Mike001

Hello,

I got some weird problem with the pump controllers.

I made an inquiry to several companies, but did not recieve an answer yet.

I will post it here. Anybody know a solution? Thanks.

"

Dear Sir/Miss,

We have some difficulties with the Spring Pump Controller Units.

We keep getting the "P5" error code.

Although the pumps are connected, and tested to be operational.

The pressure switches are also tested, and functioning normally.

All wires are connected properly.

Could you inform us on what could be wrong?

Could a power surge have damaged the controllers so that they will not longer detect the pumps?

Could a battery exchange have damaged the controllers so that they will not longer detect the pumps?

And of course, what would be the solution.

With many thanks in advance,

And regards,

".

Hello,
I got some weird problem with the pump controllers.

I made an inquiry to several companies, but did not recieve an answer yet.

I will post it here. Anybody know a solution? Thanks.

"

Dear Sir/Miss,

We have some difficulties with the Spring Pump Controller Units.

We keep getting the "P5" error code.

Although the pumps are connected, and tested to be operational.

The pressure switches are also tested, and functioning normally.

All wires are connected properly.

Could you inform us on what could be wrong?

Could a power surge have damaged the controllers so that they will not longer detect the pumps?

Could a battery exchange have damaged the controllers so that they will not longer detect the pumps?

And of course, what would be the solution.

With many thanks in advance,

And regards,

".
Hi Mike

Where did you buy these controllers from and how old are they?

Spring controllers

I would try to recalibrate it.

look down to 13.

Battery exchange? If you changed the battery and mixed up the polarity then you will have damaged the controller.

Here's your contact at Spring

[email protected]

I think it is PS flashing not P5. Its the pressure switch kicking in. Does it do it with the flow on or just when you switch the water off?

PS means Pressure switch as Aqua has already said. I had this and rung the company. They told me that the controller is indicating that the pump pressure switch is kicking in. There was no issue with this but if I didn't like it I should re-calibrate the controller. I did so and now I get DE (Dead End) like I used to.

As long as its only doing it when you turn the water off its not a problem. Just means the pressure switch is kicking in before it reaches the de setting. Mine does it quite often as I like my de set quite high to get a good pressure. But if it's doing it while the water is on then something is wrong.

I'm having dead end prob's too with my controller/pump on my trolley. Very frustrated with it at the mo. Cannot fathom out what the exact issue is. It usually bursts back into life after a while for no foreseeable reason. No kinks in hoses and plenty water in container/pipe at bottom.

I have contacted Ian at Springs. Hopefully Ian will identify possible fault(s).

............ or a faulty connection. Look at the fuse holder as these can be a source of a poor connection. What size battery have you got @SteveB ?

22Ah lucks battery. Connections are fine. Everything triple checked that way plus I valve stand alone voltmeter monitoring battery.

Only way I could see air lock developing is when I change water container (air in inlet hose). Tried "priming" after this. Not sure if I should have to do this though. Not seen anyone else do it.

Ian has kindly replied with an Autocal solution to try.

Thanks.

Back