Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

what you guys think of this customer complaint?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jonjetting

did a drive/wall clean. drive was fine, the wall was knackered (check pictures) i explained to the women that it would need re-pointing or maybe even new blocks put in, and she didnt seem bothered and just agreed. now shes moaning, saying she needs to get her wall re-pointed?

i was being very carefull when i cleaned the wall as to not damage it further and didnt even try to remove the efflorescence!

what do you guys reckon? my fault or what?

View attachment 7470

Did you tell her before you started cleaning? If so then she had warning it may need doing, if you didnt then im not sure where you stand, id make up disclaimers if you get another one like this, people pay more attention if they have to sign something. Sounds like a customer that's trouble

Theres nothing for you to do, you have done right. What i would do though answer her complaint clearly and politely stating your case and reminding her that you stated on several occasions that it could cause damage. This is not necassarily for her benefit but for yours just in case it goes to court it may help your case.

He said she said. That's all it is and in court it's nothing more than a coin toss whom the judge would side with.

If you have been smart enough to take before pictures of the condition of the wall then your more than covered as you can prove beyond doubt it was already in a poor state of repair.

He said she said. That's all it is and in court it's nothing more than a coin toss whom the judge would side with.
If you have been smart enough to take before pictures of the condition of the wall then your more than covered as you can prove beyond doubt it was already in a poor state of repair.
Theres a good chance he can bait her into a response that will prove his case. She only needs to reply with a "Yes, but..." message and he is in the clear.

I think you did the best job you could

Every wall needs repointing eventually

It will look great once it's done

I had one this week

' drive looks no different '

So I sent pics and he changed his mind ..

Cheers for the replays guys. Just spoke to her, she's doesn't want me to sort it out, just wants me to know for next time... Yeh next time I'll take your hand and walk you over to the damage and get you to acknowledge it because obviously verbal communication isn't enough lol

Yeh next time I'll take your hand and walk you over to the damage and get you to acknowledge
No offence Jon but I feel that is exactly what you should have done to begin with as well as have it noted on a job sheet for them to sign.

May sound tedious but on any clean (excluding regular domestic windows) I have a job sheet and note anything in disrepair, anything damaged or any extras I recommend they need doing prior to commencment and have them sign.

That way at the end they never have a word to say as they have been pre warned and approved the work.

ur very lucky youre not now into paying for a new wall. never touch anything thats broken or brittle in case youre being set up

I always take before and after pics on a job as well as when I supply a written quote I will note things in it like peeling paint or loose paving slabs, stuffed pointing etc.

I did have a gutter clean I did a few weeks ago where there were about 6-8 tiles that had slipped down into the gutter all around the house. Before I started the guy was talking about making an insurance claim. Made me slightly nervous so I got my phone out and recorded a good conversation with him in which I made sure he admitted the tiles were there before I started.

Back