Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How long to refine rainwater

WCF

Help Support WCF:

TWC

Hi

How long do you think it would take to fill a 25l drum when refining rainwater? I'm using a 100psi pump to an 11ltr Di. Butt reading is 34ppm. Takes 25mins to fill a barrel so 1ltr per minute. Don't want to burn resin but shouldn't it be faster than this?

As far as I know it doesn't matter what your input reading is. If yii want it to go faster just turn the pump up. I regularly put 350ppm through my resin for 0ppm when filling my tank ay customers houses no problem. Only difference is your resin would last longer. Turn your controller up :thumbsup:

Sorry for you the delay been a touch busy. There is no flow controller on the pump so should be going full bore. Could it be because I'm using about 5M of 8mm micro bore hose to get it from the butt to the pump? Albeit from a tap at the bottom of the butt?

Yeah I'm guessing that will be something to do with it as the pump will only be able to pull through a smaller amount. Swap it out for bigger hose and see if it helps... I use 1/4 hose I think and a controller so don't have any experience with your set up I'm afraid. I'll have a go at filling a 25l container over the weekend if I get a chance and time it, guessing it will be quicker than 25mins though

I use a submersible pump and a sediment filter to transfer from barrel, then just polish on demand.

I use a submersible pump and a sediment filter to transfer from barrel, then just polish on demand.
9de4f887a9f0daee629e903e51751e94.jpg
781e54d4bab6df3a79f2aa8039373ffa.jpg

I can fill 25 litre barrels in 3 minutes 2 sec using standard half inch garden hose running to 11 litre Di vessel and then two metre hose run into barrel.

I have 1000 litre Industrial bulk tank with blacked out siding to keep light out & stop miss & algae build up.

I've recently cleaned out a 210 litre Water butt & installed a side entry toilet cistern filling float valve that will shut off near the top.

I'm going to use this to store roughly 200 litres of pure water & use a submersible pump to fill barrels.

This sub pump is really powerful.

Once I'm filling barrels I just turn on tap to Di vessel to storage butt to keep my 200 litres in stock & it shuts off automatically without watching it constantly.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back