Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone used this squeegee

hey dat be where i shop.....saving all me tokens.....long way to go yet....dont think i have tried that one....i be using pulex i think.....it is very hard to chose which one to use as there are so many.....i bought the s type rubbers and blades and then find they dont fit my pulex handle......hmmmm....gota be careful.....thanks for the link i am off to buy, as if the bar steward sun comes out and i struggle to get rid of marks i just change my blade....my boot be full of stuff...will follow the thread to see what other windys say...

I am not getting on particularly well with my sorbo squeegee of late, so looking to try a different one. Has anyone tried the ettore super system squeegee? (Link below).....if so, would love to know how you rate it.
http://www.windowcleancentre.co.uk/productdetails.aspx?ProductID=317&SectionID=32
i have it however cos im a novice - i don't really see a difference between my other ethore squeegees - the handle is slightly different and the only advantage in my opinion is the swivel head which helps a lot sometimes

me done me shopping now....hmmm thirty three pounds well i am cheap n cheerful.....okay tight as a ducks.....well i do want the best just dont know which it is........not buying the s range again as overnight the spring bit snapped.....it be the gremlins of the night..i will keep watching and see what is the winner on here.....maybe we should have a poll....i will go with the winners choice:)

Normal green handle with s channel & soft unger rubber 10 inch. Love it.
yeh some of the handle rubbers are a pain as they wear and start moving about...seem to remember having a green handle once....and size again ...not sure ...mine at the mo is 12 inch but tempted to go 14 ....i just dont know..will keep following come on you real windowcleaners that do a lot of squeegee work...let us know...as against the slow coaches like me that just plod along......

i have it however cos im a novice - I don't really see a difference between my other ethore squeegees - the handle is slightly different and the only advantage in my opinion is the swivel head which helps a lot sometimes
A swivel head does help a lot particularly with pole work at difficult angles. Is It a loose swivel or a stiffer swivel that will stay in position?

I use a Wagtail now as my main squeegee, but I have several other squeegees that I use for various windows, and they are all the brass type. I don't think you can go wrong with the originals.

unger ergotec is what i use and they can take abuse:rolleyes:

have wagtail still to perfect think if you tighten her up ya can use it fixed

With a wagtail do you have the option to swivel or not......in other words can you tighten it up so that the blade remains rigid.
I've never found the need to stop the Wagtail swivelling. You can tighten the nut to stop it being too floppy, but I don't see the point of making it rigid.

I can fan and straight pull (top to bottom and side to side) with the Wagtail as it is.

It's all about practice with any Wagtail.......you'll soon get the knack.

I've never found the need to stop the Wagtail swivelling. You can tighten the nut to stop it being too floppy, but I don't see the point of making it rigid.
I can fan and straight pull (top to bottom and side to side) with the Wagtail as it is.

It's all about practice with any Wagtail.......you'll soon get the knack.
Cheers bingo

Well, I plumped for the unger swivel loc squeegee and tried it for the first time today. Its absolutely superb. On first impressions, I think its better than my sorbo 3x4. I know that some people say that a squeegee is a squeegee and its really a persons technique that counts. Well I agree to a certain extent, but I must say that the unger swivel seems to make squeegeeing so smooth and easy. Really pleased with it.

Which Unger Swivel-loc did you buy.....'normal' or the 'zero degree'.

I've tried both and found I couldn't 'fan' windows as I do with my Wagtails.

I brought both, but only used the 30 degree one yesterday. I brought the straight one for some big awkward curved windows that I have to pole. I havent tried fanning with the 30 degree one yet.

i swear by the Wagtail . iv about 5 yrs worth of extra stock on top of my wardrobe for my crew for the future

Back