Gardiner brushes lifespan

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Matty H, Nov 20, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

So, is it me or do the bristles on the Gardiner brushes (medium mixed dual trim esp) lose their shape quicker now? I was speaking to a windie yesterday he still has the same MM on it from the day he got pole 2 years ago! I tend to find the corner bristles splay outwards and lose their shape within a few months? Comments / experience?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Ssierragls

Ssierragls Active Member

I find the longevity of Gardiners brushes to be poor especially the xtreme versions. They are bringing out a new range of brushes next year which may have new bristles so hopefully they will last longer.

If you want a brush that will last longer then get a aerial brush they will out live a gardiner brush many times over

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. lewis p

lewis p Member

xline brushes are nice

• List
  4. WWC

WWC Well-Known Member

If bristles loose their shape then put the brush in a bucket or sink etc on it's side with very hot / boiling water and leave it a while. The bristles will start to straighten again.

5. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

Does this actually work?

6. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

You should expect the brush to wear, and then start to lose some performance. Factor in the cost for brushes that you will need over the year, to maintain your performance and earnings.

If you do this the cost may average out to £0.01p - £0.03p per customer visit, with an average size round. Or you could use the same brush for years, and save a few pence per visit; this would be at the expense of performance and earnings.

To be fair whatever you spend on a window cleaning brush, it’s probably going to earn you between 50 – 150 times what you paid for it in the first month alone, so a few months use with a window cleaning brush is about the right time to think about replacing it, or as soon as your performance and earnings are affected because of brush wear.

7. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

if u want a good long lasting brush get a tecbuk hibrid its the best out there £50 well spent my old one lasted nearly 1 year b for it lost its edg dogger has still got his tecbuk brush its over 2 years old lol:cool:

8. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

A year, 2 years! That’s to long tench, lol. The brush heads have been made to last longer than that. But I will have to start doing deals for customers with brush packages to encourage more frequent brush change so speed is maintained.

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Or maybe you just want to sell more brushes Richard?:rolleyes:

10. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

The main point smurf, is if you buy my brush for £50 and do 1500 cleans with it; the cost per clean is about £0.03p, you could keep using it for another 6 months or even a year, but is it worth it if you start to take even a bit longer cleaning each job, just for the sake of saving £0.03p per clean.

If my (Tecbuk) brushes cost £50 and a cheaper alternative that’s slower to use, but does cost less at £35, the cost difference per clean between the two brushes will be about £0.01p, that’s nothing, most people might see a penny on the floor and not bother to pick it up.

As my brushes appear to last longer, and can be used for longer (I don’t recommend this, if this starts to increase your cleaning time) its just about understanding the difference between price and value.

Advertisement