Gardiner Extreme Vs Dual Trim

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by timbeam, Sep 27, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. timbeam

timbeam Active Member

I have the extreme medium and really like it but fancy trying something more substantial. Is it worth getting the DT medium as well or do you think that would be pointless? How much better does the DT clean over the extreme?

Cheers!

Advertisement
  2. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

there is a big difference between the two, only way you find out is to try one

3. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Have both and would prefer the super lite dual trim med mix.. But my first choice of brush is the tecbuk

4. timbeam

timbeam Active Member

Thanks guys.

Interesting choice belfast. I've heard mixed reviews about the tecbuk.

Is it really worth twice the price? Which do you have, the hybrid?

5. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

i have the tecbuk to i have trimed it down to stop the banging an i have put a gardener 90 degree socket on it all helps to save a bit of waight im well chuffed with the brush scrubing power is a top priority 4 me each to there own tho

6. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

i think it is defo wrth the xtra ££££ i wrk faster an save water using this brush

7. timbeam

timbeam Active Member

Thanks for your input tench.

What do you mean when you say you've trimmed it down?! Surely that's not something you should have to do yourself.

8. Belfastcleaning

Tecbuk is not twice the price, it is slightly more than the gardiners brushes, but then there are even more expensive brushes than the tecbuk!!

Price shouldn't be a concern when you can save time.. And time is money..

The thing I love best about the tecbuk brush is that it sits lovely on the glass, the bristles splay out perfect with minimal effort, you can feel that the brush is giving the glass a great scrub and coverage.. Compared to the gardiners I find stroking up and down the bristles at times fold over on themselves, and that really annoys me, i just don't like that, and before anyone says it's the angle of my brush, yes, maybe, but whatever angle the tecbuk is at the splay will still hold perfectly..

I feel a lot more confident cleaning with the tecbuk, and I can clean quickly with it..

Some people can't handle the extra 100g or whatever extra the tecbuk weighs, but we have a woman called shaz on the forum who uses tecbuk who can easily cope with it, but there's big grown men who complain it's too heavy lol..

I have 3 of the tecbuk brushes, full polyester, full boars hair and the hybrid. Each have their own place and time to use, I have 1 development surrounded by trees and windows always covered in fly poo.. There is no way I could do it with a gardiners brush, I'd be there all day, the hybrid eats the fly poo, speeding me up quite a bit.. The hybrid is also good for first cleans and the boars hair also for first cleans..

9. timbeam

timbeam Active Member

Thanks belfast for a really comprehensive post, that really helps.

I'm not worried about the weight in general but how do you find it over big connies or extensions?

Can you rinse on the glass with the hybrid?

10. Belfastcleaning

I don't like rinsing on the glass and will only rinse on the glass if I can't rinse off..

Over conservatories is quite easy, I found the gardiners jerked across the glass at those angles, and when taking from the side, it's hard to get good pressure with gardiners. But the tecbuk full polyester glides easily at those awkward angles, and because it splays so easy again you feel the brush giving the glass a good scrub..

They hybrid brush tho could cause some drag due to the boars hair stretching over cons and extensions.. But turn the flow up and the drag will be reduced..

What sort of pole do you use?

Advertisement