Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

day off for canvassing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave B

Staff member
I have decided that because next week is my quiet week of the 5 weekly cycle i have that today is a day off the windows and canvassing from 10 - 4 instead

Leaflets and door knocking

Anyone else take days off to drum up new work?

26 years Jake

Sold up when i left london and then subbed work up here

The boss sold up so i have started out for myself again last june

I am busy but i have 1 quieter week once every 5 weeks

Hi @daveyboy1, out of interest what's your usual conversion rate? E.g. 100 doors=5 leads etc?
I couldn't put a figure on it as sometimes it's 1 or 2 jobs from a couple of hours canvassing sometimes it's like the other week when i knocked about 60 doors and got 8 new jobs

Different every day

I tend to leaflet during the day on weekdays and door knock in the evenings as a lot of people are out daytime

And door knock weekends which are better

Yeh, I've a quiet week next week, gonna drum up some more. Getting further and further from home though.

I'm surprised that some of you canvass Sunday's? Wouldn't be appreciated round here.

Why not?

Sunday ceased being nothing but a normal day when they realised most people weren't religious and opened all the shops etc rather than the whole country coming to a standstill due to being a holy day

I treat sundays as any normal day

Surprising how many people like to have gutters etc done on a sunday

I would say it wouldn't go down well In my area either, mainly because people don't want to be bothered on Sunday's...

I only leaflet drop and don't bother door knocking, as to be fair I reckon most weekends, or evenings, or indeed anytime really, people don't want to be bothered. I average a customer an hours worth of walking about so far, guess I drop around 50 leaflets per hour. Sunday is just another day to me, but it is still most peoples chill out day or family day or hangover day /emoticons/wink.png

That may be so, but I suck at sales and after the tenth 'no thanks' in a row, I give up and just leaflet drop instead lol. Plus if they call me, then odds are they won't be time wasters or have said yes to be polite. No doubt door knocking is better for some though, just not my bag.

A DAY OFF!!!

I never have a day not doing anything (well rarely)

If it's not drumming up more work it's doing gutters fascias etc at the weekend to not interfere with my weekday schedule

The joys of earning cash

Wow daveyboy your misses must love you, earn lots of dosh and never have any free time to check up on how much she's spending /emoticons/biggrin.png What's your pricing for fsg? I seem to get windows and fsg and think I'm a little cheap, usually around £40.

4 new jobs so far but i just leafletted

Will follow up with door knocking next week

Did 3 hrs in the end as my son text me asking to drop his cricket gear to school for a match and couldnae be bothered to go back out

put out 500 leaflets yesterday and got 3 custies, to be honest whenever ive tried leafletting before for other services such as car valeting/pressure washing my return rate has been about 1 in 1000 leaflets, with windows so far its about 1 in 200 overall which i can live with. Maybe leafletting is the way forward for me especially day time. I think i am going to experiment leafletting daytime and canvassing evenings and see which gives the best return. Working today in my lovely retail job on a sunday, tomorrow i am going to gt up early and begin the experiment.

Going to leaflet drop terraced houses locally for speed then canvass the bigger houses locally later. we shall see lol

leafletting defo works. Quite recently there was an area of Ipswich id never had much work and i fancied working there so i put one day aside and my workers and i absolutely bushwacked the area with leaflets. cost me a packet,i mean 4 guys wages who normally window clean allday long isnt chicken feed

nontheless we are now working in that area i fancied and picked up a shedload of cracking customers too

Last edited:
Back