Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Im selling up. how much is my round worth?

rob brooks

Hi guys,

I new to this forum, been a windy for nearly 3 years, im packing up as im heading into engineering. My round details are below, please let me know your thoughts on the realistic value of my round, what kind of money could i get?

£2270 worth of work all done traditionally over a 5 & 10 weekly basis, mostly domestic houses, a couple contracts and residential/commercial work, such as vet buildings, small care home, shops etc.

Ive put some adverts out, had lots of interest with asking prices of £2500 and £3000. Had 2 window cleaners message me on ebay saying im selling it way too cheap....???

what do you reckon? any advice is appreciated.

cheers,

Rob.

With anything in life, it all depends what someone wants to pay for it. Personally when I sell mine one day I will aim for 3 times the value of the round although if I got 2X then I would still feel like I did good.

fair enough, bingo, i had an extra week on top of this in a completely different area, this has been passed to a family relative, leaving 4 weeks of work which is why it can be changed to monthly and bi-monthly now. its £2270 of customer value, works out like this:

£1250 5 weekly

£770 10 weekly

£245 6 monthly

Like anything really the price is what someone is willing to pay.

Selling a round as ppl put it they are only selling good will and not actual work as ppl on the books could find someone else if they want too or not bother at all.

It does amaze me how ppl just assume once they have bought a so say round they own it which seems ludicrous to me as customers decide who they want to employ not the other way around.

nows a good time to sell, being summery . think if i was selling 2k worth of work id hope to get 4k cash .

i reckon ask around £5 k in the hope to get around £4k at minimum. As its my first business and first time selling one i am just a bit sceptical.

its £2270 of customer value, works out like this:
£1250 5 weekly

£770 10 weekly

£245 6 monthly
Where's the Fiver gone :mad: /emoticons/wink.png/emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/biggrin.png.

fair enough, bingo, i had an extra week on top of this in a completely different area, this has been passed to a family relative, leaving 4 weeks of work which is why it can be changed to monthly and bi-monthly now. its £2270 of customer value, works out like this:
£1250 5 weekly

£770 10 weekly

£245 6 monthly
It all depends on how good the work is; are they priced well, is compact work, is it a good area etc. As far as my experience goes, and I've bought and sold work, a) you can give it away, b) pound for pound, c) twice the round and three times if it is really good. Good luck.

It looks to me like there is £1650 amonth or so business on average. About £17,000-£18,000. It might be very good work or very bad work. If it took me 25 working days to do its very bad. If it takes 10 days to do its very good. Assuming its somewhere between good and very good I'd say £5-£6k. People who say that the custys can choose whoever they like are both right, yet completely wrong. Of course they can choose but if the cleaner knows when and where to go then why will they change? How would another cleaner know the old one has given up and which houses to canvass?.

Some one has recently sold a round in my area, now 2 lads are doing it, I was tickeled the other day when I pulled up and 2 of them were cleaning fronts which is what I was about to do, they washed and they washed and they washed, I left them to it, as was done in 10 min, I should not laff as im sure I did they when I started.......anyway I have had 3 calls from there customers, as they were not happy about being sold on......I brought a round and it worked out well for me.

Likability is one reason as I know of a number of ppl that took umbrage to a new window cleaner that turned up on their doorstep that took over someone else’s round. Needless to say the chap did not do very well out of it.

If a person doesn't like you for whatever reason they are not going to want you to do the work.

It looks to me like there is £1650 amonth or so business on average. About £17,000-£18,000. It might be very good work or very bad work. If it took me 25 working days to do its very bad. If it takes 10 days to do its very good. Assuming its somewhere between good and very good I'd say £5-£6k. People who say that the custys can choose whoever they like are both right, yet completely wrong. Of course they can choose but if the cleaner knows when and where to go then why will they change? How would another cleaner know the old one has given up and which houses to canvass?.

Shar ,i heard a popular local lad has quit ,name begins with M
M????

I don't know who that is @boarcity, mind you I don't know names only sasha.....Do you not know his name or did you not want to put it on here?.

m for Mickey Speer. its only hearsay but iv been askd by his former customers will i do theirs ,they say he has finished.

and theres another felixstowe windie, whose in a bit of bother also called M but this time its m for Michael, drove a smart silver Audi estate,south african white guy split with his missus who has took the car so hes on his feet ,dunno if you know him?

i also see 2 ladies with a plain white van ,have you seen them,theyre new

Aw yes heard of Micky, very popular..he also do odd jobs, always advertising on facebook......also know Michael to, but only know these guys by name, never seen them work......the 2 lads in a white transit van are new, as they brought customers off sasha. They are jumping peoples fences and people don't like it, as have had 4 people call me to tell me they have dropped the 2 lads....Maybe a good time to advertise haha, Thanks @boarcity interesting.

m for Mickey Speer. its only hearsay but iv been askd by his former customers will i do theirs ,they say he has finished. and theres another felixstowe windie, whose in a bit of bother also called M but this time its m for Michael, drove a smart silver Audi estate,south african white guy split with his missus who has took the car so hes on his feet ,dunno if you know him?

i also see 2 ladies with a plain white van ,have you seen them,theyre new

Hi guys,
I new to this forum, been a windy for nearly 3 years, im packing up as im heading into engineering. My round details are below, please let me know your thoughts on the realistic value of my round, what kind of money could i get?

£2270 worth of work all done traditionally over a 5 & 10 weekly basis, mostly domestic houses, a couple contracts and residential/commercial work, such as vet buildings, small care home, shops etc.

Ive put some adverts out, had lots of interest with asking prices of £2500 and £3000. Had 2 window cleaners message me on ebay saying im selling it way too cheap....???

what do you reckon? any advice is appreciated.

cheers,

Rob.
how many houses is in the run

Back