Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

shurflo pump leaking out of port after powered off

WCF

Help Support WCF:

crystalview

Hi i have a shurflo pump and its started leaking from port after powered off its not just a drip but a constant slow stream the pump is only 4 months old with low usage being a third man pump maybe 6hrs use.

any ideas bought from pure freedom might ring them

Both of ours do the same, although one is more than the other. One pump is 8 years old and the other is slightly older. There is a one way valve inside the pump that stops water being pumped back into the tank. Its held on its seat by a hair spring which is very weak. The pressure of water in the tank is overcoming the strength of the spring and hence letting water 'leak' past it. I doubt it would be possible to manufacturer each spring to the same tension.

I doubt that they will replace the pump though. They will suggest a Hoselok stop fitting on your van port that should automatically seal once you disconnect your hose to your hose reel.

I did complain initially to Williamson Pumps regarding the leak, but they didn't even bother to respond. It was only after that that I stripped the pump down (still under warranty and bought from them) and identified the cause of the issue.

Back