Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Argh, Pine Needles

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tuffers

Had 5 gutter jobs today. The last two were next door to each other and covered in pine needles. The vac wouldn't suck them up. It has done before though. Had to hand ball both jobs :-(. Smurph, can a vac be used without the big filter in the drum and does it need washing at all?

If the drum filter gets clogged the vac will loose suction so yes the filter needs cleaning regularly. This can be done by taking it out and washing it down with a hose pipe. If you leave the drum filter out the suction can draw dry **** through the motors which can damage them so not recommended you leave it out unless using the vac to suck up loads of water.

Wahay, drinks on you!

Must be a £200 day.

I like it.

Pineneedles I don't like - they are a nightmare.

Funny you mentioned pine needles tuffers as I've won a large property to do this week which as per usual has not been done for years. Oh deep joy:(

There is so much pine needle fallout, sods and **** blocking the roof vallies, gutters and downspouts I reckon is going to take me at least a day to do it all by hand.

Now wondering if maybe using a compressor/air blower type setup might help to air jet most of the **** out first.

Example vid of what I'm on about

[media]

[/media]What do you think folks?

Back