Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting up a vacuum pole system gutter clearing business.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mungo

Hi everyone,

I am looking for advice on setting up a Vacuum Pole System gutter cleaning business, I have no experience in this (having worked as a door-to-door canvasser for the last 15 years).

Please could you advise me on the following :

Which System you use - and how easy you find it to operate.

How physically demanding is this system to operate. e.g. How heavy the equipment is

How much you charge

What sort of van you use

Many thanks in anticipation

It's a little heavy for all day use but I only use it once a week. I started cheap for the first few gutters but now charge about £1 a meter. I have a van but the system is small could fit in a mini...

I have plastic vac from aquafed.co.uk. 3000w and poles from there-40feet, gopro silver camera but also you need 3 section ladder at least 8 metres,miscrolite standoff and ankalad to be safe.It is heavy on higher buildings but managable, also you need to get at least 10 metres of 50mm hose( standard one which comes with the vac is to short).My van is nissan nv200 it is more than big enough for gutter cleaning but if you decide to offer other services like wfp window cleaning might be a bit small.I charge around 20 each side but it is only guidance as you need to take into the account: access,height,how bad gutters are, what is a gap between roof tiles and gutter,any obstructions,and so on...

Last edited by a moderator:
And I forgon to mention....get painting harris pole 5 metres from b& q, pro gutter tools and good thick waterprof gloves and you are pretty much ready to go...

I have plastic vac from aquafed.co.uk. 3000w and poles from there-40feet, gopro silver camera but also you need 3 section ladder at least 8 metres,miscrolite standoff and ankalad to be safe.It is heavy on higher buildings but managable, also you need to get at least 10 metres of 50mm hose( standard one which comes with the vac is to short).My van is nissan nv200 it is more than big enough for gutter cleaning but if you decide to offer other services like wfp window cleaning might be a bit small.I charge around 20 each side but it is only guidance as you need to take into the account: access,height,how bad gutters are, what is a gap between roof tiles and gutter,any obstructions,and so on...
Many thanks for your advice. Most appreciated.

I find it's very handy to use a guttervac especially when gutters are full of sludge so not to get it everywhere. As trying to handball sludge out of gutters can make a terrible mess especially if the property has k-render/white or cream painted walls like yesterday. Oops! /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back