Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner QuickLOQ angle adapter Univalve Hack

WCF

Help Support WCF:

AW Services

(this may have already been done before) 

I didn't spent any time to look and just did it...

My first time using Gardiner poles and fittings and I've already hacked the QUICK-LOQ ANGLE ADAPTER (TYPE 1) 

I want to add a Univalve and I'm aware of the lack of strength in John Guest push fittings as the teeth can invert and cause a connection failure under tension
Quite a simple modification by not using the red female John Guest pole hose connector and deleting that from the setup completely.
I've simply heated up some clear 6mm ID hose and pressed it firmly all the way onto the base of the Gardiner Quick LOQ angle adapter and used one single ear O clip and gently compressed it to create a leak free and permanent tubing connection then add my univalve onto it and proceed by  fitting the pole hose
This will eliminate the potential failure of the existing John Guest fitting within the pole
Another top tip by AW Services

20220211_184331.jpg

20220211_184814.jpg

20220211_184827.jpg

20220211_184836.jpg

(this may have already been done before) 

I didn't spent any time to look and just did it...

My first time using Gardiner poles and fittings and I've already hacked the QUICK-LOQ ANGLE ADAPTER (TYPE 1) 

I want to add a Univalve and I'm aware of the lack of strength in John Guest push fittings as the teeth can invert and cause a connection failure under tension
Quite a simple modification by not using the red female John Guest pole hose connector and deleting that from the setup completely.
I've simply heated up some clear 6mm ID hose and pressed it firmly all the way onto the base of the Gardiner Quick LOQ angle adapter and used one single ear O clip and gently compressed it to create a leak free and permanent tubing connection then add my univalve onto it and proceed by  fitting the pole hose
This will eliminate the potential failure of the existing John Guest fitting within the pole
Another top tip by AW Services

View attachment 26434

View attachment 26435

View attachment 26436

View attachment 26437
Good idea but to be honest Austin I never have the jg 8mm-8mm fittings fail when used for that.

It's the one I use for making it tubeless which tends to fail after lots of use.

Latest Posts

Back